dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
I got the Porsche to Lambo instructions, first time buying anyhting like that, pretty cool!

I also got the small Lambo and am now wondering if you can make a Porsche with it!?

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Two new Star Wars diorama sets are coming out on the 1st of May, 'Death Star Trench Run' and 'Yoda's Hut':

73698_Trench%201.jpg

Quite like Yoda's Hut, especially the marshy nature of the environment however, I am not so keen on the micro-fighters/polybag style spaceships for the Trench Run set.

Damn, the Back to the Future hype is getting to me after all... Do these sets usually sell out fast?

Yes and no.

They might be added to 'back order' by June, but generally speaking, sets don't sell out instantly or for very long.

The only sets that sell out fast are Christmas themed sets, like Home Alone and both Santa's Visit and Santa's Sleigh.

SecondVariety

Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't all that excited about the Star Wars diorama sets (and the prices) until I saw the comment on Brickset about back printing for R2-D2 and and arm printing for C-3PO

75339_alt4.jpg

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Two new Star Wars diorama sets are coming out on the 1st of May, 'Death Star Trench Run' and 'Yoda's Hut':

73698_Trench%201.jpg

Quite like Yoda's Hut, especially the marshy nature of the environment however, I am not so keen on the micro-fighters/polybag style spaceships for the Trench Run set.

Yes and no.

They might be added to 'back order' by June, but generally speaking, sets don't sell out instantly or for very long.

The only sets that sell out fast are Christmas themed sets, like Home Alone and both Santa's Visit and Santa's Sleigh.
That trench run just doesn't really translate great visually, as far as a display piece. The Yoda's Hut display looks incredible, a must have in my opinion. I will likely go for it and the trash compactor for the updated droids.

There's a leaked image of an incredible C-3PO with a dual molded silver leg, as well as arm and side printing on the legs. It's probably the definitive C-3PO minifig unless they ever do a chrome gold one with this much detail.

LEGO-Star-Wars-The-Skywalker-Saga-Preview.jpg

LegoStarWarsSkywalkerSaga.jpg

I sure hope fully molded creatures like this Bantha and Ronto become a reality some day. Lego puts forth a lot of new dinosaur molds in it's Jurassic Park line. Would love to see Star Wars creatures more frequently.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017
Two new freebie sets for Easter starting tomorrow. I'm just highly annoyed that the sets I want are out of stock, but also that one of the freebies is in store only.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm still holding out hope for a Lego Starship Enterprise even though Star Trek the license has bounced around other brick companies.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
can't see which one is in-store only on the UK website. Also a bit odd they're running at the same time and are only £15 apart in qualification. Given the prices of lego won't most people end up with both automatically?

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I was originally looking forward to the Tallneck set, but my prior excitement for this has waned considerably since being revealed in January, and it looks like the Jurassic Park set has a lot of stickers (on the jeeps) instead of printed tiles so, I am having a LEGO free April this time, which my wallet is rather pleased about!

I can't see which one is in-store only on the UK website. Also a bit odd they're running at the same time and are only £15 apart in qualification. Given the prices of LEGO won't most people end up with both automatically?

I believe the £40 set is the LEGO Store freebie, as the colourful Easter chicks set — £25 apart in qualification by the way! — is currently displayed on the set pages.

The Vintage Taxi is also up for grabs again in the next few weeks, if you buy any modular building … 🚕

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Delorean, JP and Tallneck for me. I've had a quit start to the year relatively - Vespa and two speed champions sets.

Wonder if I can get to mid year with that

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I am fighting the urge hard to buy the Attack of Dark Troopers set at full price. I'm aching for a new LEGO set...ignore Obiwan's hut, Galaxy Squad, Ninjao lava pit, and Eternals spaceship sets in my vault.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Mega Bloks Enterprise looks really good I think. Unfortunately I really hate the Consitution-class look. But if I didn't, I'd be all over that!

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does it make it better or worse that I think the Discovery Enterprise redesign is incredible and I love that version? =D Crazy how a few small tweaks to angles make that much of a difference for me.
It's a good version imo!

While there's changes to the nacelles or whatever, i think the biggest difference is just the lighting

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'd seriously go bankrupt if LEGO ever got the Star Trek license, haha.

Those ones aren't bad, but actual LEGO ones would be incredible.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Flego is less a moral standpoint and more a financial one - even if you stick to the legit ones that aren't stealing IP or entire lego models, there are so many nice ones out there - and lego already has too many for me to have space for.

I did buy some mini Japanese shops because they were cute, and about mini modular size so not too bad - and then a big shrine/park which I have no space for so haven't built yet.

And now I want the Astro Boy..
010361-AC-C285-4-CC8-9-A07-21236076403-D.webp

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm writing down my purchases this year in an attempt to be rational about it. even a relatively quiet Q1 and only three sets in Q2 so far and I'm still looking at £100 a month.

Which I could cut back on, or I put it on the budget as a formal line item and work around it :P

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I'm writing down my purchases this year in an attempt to be rational about it. even a relatively quiet Q1 and only three sets in Q2 so far and I'm still looking at £100 a month.

Which I could cut back on, or I put it on the budget as a formal line item and work around it :P

I'm the polar opposite this year!

My partner and I live in a small two bedroom cottage in the ruralest place imaginable, and it's my LEGO and her (thousands of) books that really do need to go.

Already wrote up an embarrassingly long list of unopened sets, and will be putting them up on BrickLink in a few months time.

Only buying smaller sets that you can display and easily dust down going forward.

I'd be curious to find out how much you've spent towards your formal line item(s) by the end of this year, and how many sets I have been able to sell … 😊

p.s. The Astro Boy does look pretty cool though.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

My partner and I live in a small two bedroom cottage in the ruralest place imaginable, and it's my LEGO and her (thousands of) books that really do need to go.

Already wrote up an embarrassingly long list of unopened sets, and will be putting them up on BrickLink in a few months time.

Only buying smaller sets that you can display and easily dust down going forward.

I'd be curious to find out how much you've spent towards your formal line item(s) by the end of this year, and how many sets I have been able to sell … 😊

p.s. The Astro Boy does look pretty cool though.

:cough: first dibs :cough:

I have somewhat cut down. I have also put up 4 billy bookcases for lego! but will try and keep within that. I've sold some sets, others I'm on the fence about like Pirates of Barracuda bay will sit unbuilt until I'm really sure whether I want them or not, or they'll get sold too. And I will try and do a triage regularly to keep things under control (ish)

Nov 23, 2017

Two Bedrooms?1?! That's like a mansion compared to my one bedroom built in 1905. The bedroom is full of Eket Cubes filled with books. The tops are lined with my MLP toys. There's four DVD towers in the living room. One for PS3 games. One for PS4/5 Games. One for my movies (Disney/Animated). One for his movies (horror).

I have pretty much have every teal colored Disney Princess lego set still in the box in my closet. But the big boxes, Disney Castle, Disney Train Station, Grand Piano, and some others take up just as much room as the Princess ones do. Although, this house makes me feel like I'm living in a closet with how small it is.

Oct 27, 2017
The Delorean is sweet. Definitely going buy that one.
Some time ago however I purchased instructions for a custom designed UCS-sized Delorean and bought all the necessary parts. I still have to build it though. Guess I'll two time traveling Lego cars then.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Caved in and bought a used F40 yesterday in good condition. Damn it's so beautiful!

Deleted member 59

I've not built Lego in 26 years (i loved the Lego technic sets back then) but reading about the Lego Tallneck piqued my interest and I'm contemplating buying that when it releases and grabbing the Lego Space Station right now because it looks fantastic and it's only £60!

The Discovery shuttle, the Saturn rocket and the Apollo Lander all look great. I've been looking for a new hobby recently, and think this might just do the trick. Got a second bedroom with just my Blu-ray collection in atm, so could easily start using it for this too

Payday tomorrow, so probably going to pull b the trigger then.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
I've not built Lego in 26 years (i loved the Lego technic sets back then) but reading about the Lego Tallneck piqued my interest and I'm contemplating buying that when it releases and grabbing the Lego Space Station right now because it looks fantastic and it's only £60!

The Discovery shuttle, the Saturn rocket and the Apollo Lander all look great. I've been looking for a new hobby recently, and think this might just do the trick. Got a second bedroom with just my Blu-ray collection in atm, so could easily start using it for this too

Welcome to the empty wallet club. If you plan on getting all those sets, I would get the Space Station and the Saturn rocket first. Those two sets are supposed to be retiring this year.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

The Discovery shuttle is amazing but like TangoTango said it's the newer set to be released and the last to be discontinued of the bunch.

Deleted member 59

Cheers both, ordered the Space Station for now. I'll see if the bug bites while building it then the Saturn V will be next....

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Cheers both, ordered the Space Station for now. I'll see if the bug bites while building it then the Saturn V will be next....

if you're into space its a must buy. Just a beautiful set.

Also ready for the thread this time next year looking for recommendations for bluray disc wallets because you need the shelf space for your lego :P

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Starting to get into Bionicles. Mainly want to get the ones I had as a kid which is the Toa Mata and Toa Nuva sets. I'm just glad it's not as expensive as I thought it was going to be which is cool.

Deleted member 59

if you're into space its a must buy. Just a beautiful set.

Also ready for the thread this time next year looking for recommendations for bluray disc wallets because you need the shelf space for your lego :P

Ha I'm already looking into a shelf for displaying stuff. A Billy bookcase should do.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ha I'm already looking into a shelf for displaying stuff. A Billy bookcase should do.

Billy works well. Not wide enough for Apollo 11, and worth considering you can get 30 and 40cm deep ones. I have both and the 40 is a lot more flexible for some sets if you can support it in your room

These are 40cm deep

D31456-DA-5-A8-D-4399-81-D1-BED33-B467519-1-201-a.jpg

this is 30cm deep
EA58-EE30-D0-CB-4219-B7-A1-EEA1-DB0-AC630.jpg

Nov 23, 2017
I managed to finally get my hands on the Mini Disney Castle yesterday. I also picked up the HP Trunk set to get the two free Easter sets. With gas prices as high as they are… I had to have a dozen good enough reasons to make the 2hr drive there.

Deleted member 59

Billy works well. Not wide enough for Apollo 11, and worth considering you can get 30 and 40cm deep ones. I have both and the 40 is a lot more flexible for some sets if you can support it in your room

These are 40cm deep

D31456-DA-5-A8-D-4399-81-D1-BED33-B467519-1-201-a.jpg

this is 30cm deep
EA58-EE30-D0-CB-4219-B7-A1-EEA1-DB0-AC630.jpg

Great pics, thanks. Is that a Lego Imperial shuttle in the first? Looks great.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I did my first light kit recently, I got one for the R2D2. I really love how much it added to the build, and it wasn't too complicated to make work.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
looking at it, its a very simple design and only 400 pieces but some nice touches and could be a good baseline for modifications

quite like the new space sets too, and the monkie kid rabbit set goes with those too - with the jumping flash style rabbit robot

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone curious, this is the kyglaring mod, I was going to go with bricksmax but they didn't have the sounds. There's a remote I can change the light and sound patterns and volume from it, pretty awesome addition to a very cool R2 Build.

I also got the light kit for the Home Alone set, but I boxed that up with Christmas decorations so I wont be putting that together until next year.