• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is the best Burnout game that will never be accessible to modern consoles? *breaks down crying*

• Burnout

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Burnout 2: Point of Impact

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Burnout 3: Takedown

Votes: 141 74.6%
  • Burnout Revenge

Votes: 22 11.6%
  • Burnout Legends

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Burnout Dominator

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Burnout Crash!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
e3e.png

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I already posted in this thread minutes ago but this topic's thread title legit got me excited and immediately disappointed

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Well, if EA isn't going to make a new one...

(And the answer to the poll is 3 Takedown and it isn't even close. The fact that we don't have an HD remake of that game is absolutely CRIMINAL. It's the best racing game ever made)

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Wait how are they even allowed to do this? Someone page EA about this

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Burnout Smash For Speed Need Brothers Rush
www.nintendo.com

The great battle of Shark Monkey Squirrel Dinossaur Bird Bee for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy The great battle of Shark Monkey Squirrel Dinossaur Bird Bee and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

The great battle of Shark Monkey Squirrel Dinossaur Bird Bee

www.nintendo.com

WWII Tanks Battle - World War 2 Heroes Troopers Machines Sim for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy WWII Tanks Battle - World War 2 Heroes Troopers Machines Sim and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

WWII Tanks Battle - World War 2 Heroes Troopers Machines Sim

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
The time spent thinking this post would be a good idea is bad enough.

Then going ahead and posting about it just compounds this whole trial of errors.

Also Burnout Revenge IS available on modern consoles if you're on XBox! I still play it regularly!

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
My guess for Takedown and Revenge is that the music licenses must be hell to workaround

yet they bothered with Burnout Paradise? And SSX 3 (through BC)?

Like I said in another thread, most of the tracks in Takedown are by relatively unknown bands (outside of a few) so I doubt it's an expense thing. And even still, they can always remove the ones they can't secure licenses for again.

I think it's more of a lack of interest. EA rarely does remasters and they clearly gave Paradise the priority here.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
That's an unusually brief title for these kinds of games. I need at least eight words with most being genre keywords to show up in as many searches as possible.
The publisher has plenty of those games too.
www.nintendo.com

Search Nintendo.com

Search Nintendo.com for games, products news and information.

Hard Truck Work Job
www.nintendo.com

Construction Machine Simulator 2023 : Hard Truck Work Job for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Construction Machine Simulator 2023 : Hard Truck Work Job and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Discover The Titanic Into Ocean
www.nintendo.com

Submersible Simulator - Discover the Titanic into Ocean for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Submersible Simulator - Discover the Titanic into Ocean and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Sniper Simulator (Tactical Shooting & Eliminator)
www.nintendo.com

The GhostX : Sniper Simulator (Tactical Shooting & Eliminator) for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy The GhostX : Sniper Simulator (Tactical Shooting & Eliminator) and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that's part of it, but tbh they could easily do it with just generic music and most people wouldn't care

Strongly disagree here. The music is part of what makes Burnout 3.

That being said, it's still listed on the Xbox marketplace, so they still have the rights to the music somewhat.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Strongly disagree here. The music is part of what makes Burnout 3.

That being said, it's still listed on the Xbox marketplace, so they still have the rights to the music somewhat.

Eh, the music really didn't have any lasting impression on me. I couldn't even tell you what the tracks were. I'm far more interested in the game itself and would gladly sacrifice the licensed music

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
What is the best version of Burnout 3 to play these days?

Both the Xemu and PCSX2 versions work fine for the most part.

I'd advise against playing the Xbox version through 360 BC; it has some annoying issues that kind of ruin the experience (full hitching, graphics bugs, crashes).

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Normally these are funny and I laugh.

But this time.

I hate you.

Also Burnout 3: Takedown is still by far the best.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I KNEW someone would make this joke and I too was tempted, but I didn't want to be a dick.

I'm shocked EA doesn't have the trademark unless it's too generic to be?
I checked and they do have both the US & European trademarks alive & active

yrcEPqB.png

So this game is gonna get C&D out of existence. In fact, this thread might as well be a lawyer plant as exhibit A in trademark confusion lol