Sponsored

LMR SVE SP2 vs RTR Tech 5 wheels

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Hello, just wonder what everyone's thoughts are on these two wheels for my 2022 Mustang GT.

Looking for a PP2 replica wheel and I want to run a square setup in a gloss black wheel as I am getting the Black Accent package,

With this in mind two wheels I have found are the LRM SVE SP2 in a 19 x 10 +35 offset in a gloss black (I believe these are approx 24 lbs per wheel)

The other is the RTR Tech 5 in a 19 x 9.5 +33 offset in a gloss black that is powder coated so it appears a bit less shiny (I believe these are also approx. 24 lbs per wheel)

Both appear to be flow formed wheels. The LMR comes with lug nuts, RTR says they recommend tuner style nuts. '

I can get both wheels for pretty much the same price.

I have not decided on the tire as of yet, but likely anywhere from a 265/40/19 to a 285/35/19.

Your thoughts on the different wheels as far as quality, looks, etc.

SVE SP2.jpg

SVE SP2-2.jpg

RTR Tech 5.jpeg

RTR tech 5-1.jpeg
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I really like both a lot and they're nearly the exact same. Only difference I see other than lighting may be affecting how the color looks some is where the valve stem hole comes out. RTRs come out in a larger rectangular section and the LMR wheels come out in a triangle spoke. Minor detail difference just thought I'd mention that in case you hadn't. That being said again I think they look identical otherwise.

OP
OP
ScottyRyan2018

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like both a lot and they're nearly the exact same. Only difference I see other than lighting may be affecting how the color looks some is where the valve stem hole comes out. RTRs come out in a larger rectangular section and the LMR wheels come out in a triangle spoke. Minor detail difference just thought I'd mention that in case you hadn't. That being said again I think they look identical otherwise.
Thanks. I did notice that. I also notice that the SP2 wheel has that little lip on the spokes similar to the PP2 or HP wheel on the Mach 1 and the RTR does not seem to have that??

I think you can see the lip on these Mach 1 wheels.

Wheel.jpg

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Thanks. I did notice that. I also notice that the SP2 wheel has that little lip on the spokes similar to the PP2 or HP wheel on the Mach 1 and the RTR does not seem to have that??

I think you can see the lip on these Mach 1 wheels.

Wheel.jpg
Not sure which lip exactly you're referring to I suppose. However, going back and checking both again I am noticing more differences lol. I see where each spoke hits the outside of the wheel on the RTRs have small slopes on them. LMR does not. I think I like the RTRs just a bit more after more back and forth looking at the two. They both look great though.

I can't comment much on the wheels you're referring to that come standard on the Mach 1 as I got the HP on mine and have the birds nest wheels.

Last edited:

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Not sure which lip exactly you're referring to I suppose. However, going back and checking both again I am noticing more differences lol. I see where each spoke hits the outside of the wheel on the RTRs have small slopes on them. LMR does not. I think I like the RTRs just a bit more after more back and forth looking at the two. They both look great though.
20220409_120756.jpg

The SP2 has a ridge around the main arms. In all honesty I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if both of them came from the exact same factory. HRE uses a partner in Taiwan to build their flow formed wheels and SVE uses the same factory as American Racing (which seems to be somewhere undisclosed in China...and Taiwan is part of China...) with that being said and the cost to tool a factory up to flow form, they probably all ship out of the place.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
20220409_120756.jpg

The SP2 has a ridge around the main arms. In all honesty I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if both of them came from the exact same factory. HRE uses a partner in Taiwan to build their flow formed wheels and SVE uses the same factory as American Racing (which seems to be somewhere undisclosed in China...and Taiwan is part of China...) with that being said and the cost to tool a factory up to flow form, they probably all ship out of the place.
I see now, thanks for the picture. I think RTR may have that on there to, hard to tell because of the pictures and color of the wheel though but I can see a hint of it on the 2nd photo if you look at the top right spoke looks to be a ridge there.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The RTR's look like they'll be about 15 minutes faster to clean. Seems trivial, unless you clean your car/wheels as often as a lot of us. I bought my wheels and didn't really consider how much a pain in the ass cleaning is when there's a lot of intricacies and depressions, lips, creases, etc.

They'll look clean and when you dry them, in the sun, you'll have to take small detailing stuff to clean out remnants in the crevices and corners. You can use very harsh cleaners but it plays hell on the finish and the other wheel/brake/hub/rotors.

OP
OP
ScottyRyan2018

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great input!! Now I am trying to decide on the color. I really like the color of the Ford PP2 wheel (kind of a gunmetal grey) and LMR SVE SP2 comes in a Gloss Graphite (darker than the Ford PP2 wheel) and then RTR makes their Tech 5 in a Matte Charcoal (which is also darker than the Ford PP2).

The car will be a Cyber Orange 2022 (yes, I changed colors LOL) with a Black Accent Package and eventually some rocker and hood stripes. I think the Graphite/Charcoal will stand out a bit more....but not sure.

SVE Sp2 Graphite.jpg

RTR Tech 5 Charcoal.jpeg

SVE SP2-2.jpg

RTR tech 5-1.jpeg

Cyber orange.jpeg

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the RTRs up close. I went with the 20" and matte charcoal color. I love them and get compliments all the time. I did consider the cleaning as well and the satin finish looks clean 90% of the time. There is no lip on the RTR for brake dust to buildup on.
17C3456B-A517-4DA1-B0DF-DDC574D4B712.jpeg
8F74DDAA-CD1B-45D1-A328-6B5618A1D394.jpeg

Sponsored

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great input!! Now I am trying to decide on the color. I really like the color of the Ford PP2 wheel (kind of a gunmetal grey) and LMR SVE SP2 comes in a Gloss Graphite (darker than the Ford PP2 wheel) and then RTR makes their Tech 5 in a Matte Charcoal (which is also darker than the Ford PP2).

The car will be a Cyber Orange 2022 (yes, I changed colors LOL) with a Black Accent Package and eventually some rocker and hood stripes. I think the Graphite/Charcoal will stand out a bit more....but not sure.

SVE Sp2 Graphite.jpg

RTR Tech 5 Charcoal.jpeg

SVE SP2-2.jpg

RTR tech 5-1.jpeg

Cyber orange.jpeg
@ScottyRyan2018 , my car is a 19 orange fury similar to cyber orange with the RTR tech 5s matte charcoal. I love the look and didn't want to do what everyone else was doing with black wheels so I got the charcoal and love them. See some photos below.
D52CF9D5-F203-4FDD-BDA7-565D87F0D5F4.jpeg
E04A24B2-4C25-4871-AF44-92FCCE770242.jpeg

OP
OP
ScottyRyan2018

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Keithfro That’s really good info and thanks for posting. Your car looks really good!

My wife has black wheels on her dark grey BMW X3 M40i and they look really good on that SUV

I ordered the Black Accent package more so for the black roof, spoiler and badging then the wheels and I think the more “grey “ wheels show off the wheel detail a bit more than black, yet still compliments the color.

Be nice to see the SVE and RTR next to each other in the same lighting

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, the side by side would be nice. I'm curious what you decide. Post pics once you have them!

OP
OP
ScottyRyan2018

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, the side by side would be nice. I'm curious what you decide. Post pics once you have them!
If I did the SVE I would order the wheel in a 19 x 10 square with 285/35/19 whereas with the RTR I could do the 19 x 9.5 square and run the stock tires for now. Options I guess!

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium / 2019 F150 STX Sport 4x4
Here are the RTRs up close. I went with the 20" and matte charcoal color. I love them and get compliments all the time. I did consider the cleaning as well and the satin finish looks clean 90% of the time. There is no lip on the RTR for brake dust to buildup on.
17C3456B-A517-4DA1-B0DF-DDC574D4B712.jpeg
8F74DDAA-CD1B-45D1-A328-6B5618A1D394.jpeg

Are these factory centers?
Sponsored