Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
I can confirm with my 302a w/o 360 cameras I do not have those four wires either which is kinda disappointing
[/Q
I bought the OEM ford pigtail(WPT-1198) and bought a 4 conductor cable and put it together. I ran it inside. Its easy enough to do. All trucks are prewired from the bumper harness to the connector on the fender well. IF you wanted to go that route. It was too much of a pain for me the connector on the fender is very tight and hard to access.
So let me make sure I'm hearing you correctly Jesse. You bought the wpt1198 connector that connects directly to the CCM. Using a 4 wire cable you ran it all the way in to the cab and pinned it directly to the 9,18,19,20 location? Can I ask what pins were used? Not very familiar with pinning. I know they crimp on to the wire and they lock into the connector. Just unsure if there is a particular pin. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I had the pins.. I have so many. I cant give you a part number. I have so much stuff. Yes that is what I did. Went straight from CCM to IPMA.

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
I had the pins.. I have so many. I cant give you a part number. I have so much stuff. Yes that is what I did. Went straight from CCM to IPMA.
Thanks for that. I will now order an assortment of pins. One day I will have this up and running. Lol.

kozachochek

First Name
Pavlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I can confirm with my 302a w/o 360 cameras I do not have those four wires either which is kinda disappointing
I can also confirm. Xlt 302A w/out 360 does NOT have the wires.

I wonder if the front parking sensors dont have wires either? Anyone have any idea? I would like to do both CCM and front sensors

TY

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 16535199367751702297800529412086

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 16535199597983364694654214395989

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@Twocardshort

You can buy the terminal pre crimped if you arent good at crimping.
The IPMA Terminal kit is DU2Z-14474-CA
The CCM terminal kit is DU2Z-14474-BA
Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? ccm

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? ipma

Last edited:

Sponsored

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
@Twocardshort

You can buy the terminal pre crimped if you arent good at crimping.
The IPMA Terminal kit is DU2Z-14474-CA
The CCM terminal kit is DU2Z-14474-BA
ccm.png

ipma.png
Thanks for that. I actually found the correct pins on the old bumper wiring harness that will fit the IPMA connector. Now I just have to see how far the wiring goes from the CCM towards the IPMA. Does it end at the bumper harness connector, or does it continue on further down towards the IPMA? I want to keep the wire as short as possible. I guess I will find out this weekend.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
@kozachochek in response to your question 3, the more similar you make them the easier the comparisons will be. That being said they don't have to be the same. When you compare as-builts you have to use the forscan spreadsheet to note what the differences are coding for. So if you don't have a trailer brake controller or trailer backup then you wouldn't enable values that are for those options. I have a post a page or so back that gives an example where my reference truck wasn't an FX4 so the value I had to set for ACC and the value in the ref truck were different because I have an FX4.

kozachochek

First Name
Pavlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
@kozachochek in response to your question 3, the more similar you make them the easier the comparisons will be. That being said they don't have to be the same. When you compare as-builts you have to use the forscan spreadsheet to note what the differences are coding for. So if you don't have a trailer brake controller or trailer backup then you wouldn't enable values that are for those options. I have a post a page or so back that gives an example where my reference truck wasn't an FX4 so the value I had to set for ACC and the value in the ref truck were different because I have an FX4.
I read that post, it is why i started freaking out a bit. I think I follow. Thank you so much for sharing.

I think the closest im a get is a fully loaded xlt. It seems like most xlts are either rear camera, lane keeping and large screen or fully loaded. Ill keep digging though.

I was concerned that the common module values may be different depending on different modules equipped. I.e. the xlt CCM module values would be different on a truck with basic IPMA without 360 cameras and advanced IPMA with 360. I think they still can be, but for specific shared features like FX4

@superfordman proved that out with his IPMA swap keeping the same profile. So I think it should be ok.

I can follow a spreadsheet. I might have a go at integrating the forscan sheet and asbuilt values into one master decoder 🙃 but ill check out the asbult comparison tool first.

Thank you for the assistance. My next task it to figure out if I need to make a harness for the front parking sensors, like the CCM. I should be set with the CCM harness from all the info provided.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
This is what I had my buddy get for connectors to make his own harness from the CCM to the IMPA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234351542525?hash=item369070c0fd:g:7aQAAOSwi0liETkv
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-terminal_du2z-14474-ca.html

As for the parking sensors I can't be much help there. There is another thread on here from Omodan that added them to his 601A KR, but he was already pre-wired up to the bumper harness connector. You'd have to get the pinout of the other two IPMA connectors to see which ones are from the front sensors and see where they feedback into to see if you are pre-wired or not. Maybe someone else can share the C242A and C242C connectors as I don't have them saved anyplace.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adding-forward-sensing-system-2021-king-ranch-w-601a.9039/

kozachochek

First Name
Pavlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
This is what I had my buddy get for connectors to make his own harness from the CCM to the IMPA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234351542525?hash=item369070c0fd:g:7aQAAOSwi0liETkv
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-terminal_du2z-14474-ca.html

As for the parking sensors I can't be much help there. There is another thread on here from Omodan that added them to his 601A KR, but he was already pre-wired up to the bumper harness connector. You'd have to get the pinout of the other two IPMA connectors to see which ones are from the front sensors and see where they feedback into to see if you are pre-wired or not. Maybe someone else can share the C242A and C242C connectors as I don't have them saved anyplace.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adding-forward-sensing-system-2021-king-ranch-w-601a.9039/
Thank you for this. I did read the king ranch thread a while back. Very useful. It was plug and program for him. I will find the diagrams. There are a total of 7 empty pins on the middle IPMA plug, 4 on one side and 3 on the other. Looks like the bumper is coming off this weekend so I can see what pin are present in the pumper harness.

The only thing I am really worried about is the steering wheel button wiring. Hopefully the wires are there for the extra button.

Sponsored

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
Good morning Jesse. You say the harness runs from the bumper to the fender. Do you have a diagram on that? Driver or passenger fender? Thanks for the help.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Good morning Jesse. You say the harness runs from the bumper to the fender. Do you have a diagram on that? Driver or passenger fender? Thanks for the help.
Yes. The wires run to the connector number 265 on the fender. Its a pin to access but it could be done.

Attachments

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
So I got a great deal on the 360 camera side mirrors. I will be looking into getting an advanced IPMA, front logo cam and high mount brake light cam. I have been unable to find the ML3T14G647NA module, but I was able to find ML3Z14G647J. When I look it up on ford's website it shows them both to be the same. Can someone chime in and verify they are the same.

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
i just checked my IPMA plug and I am also missing the wiring for the CCM. I have the 302a and no 360 camera. bummer...
Sponsored