Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,400 of 4649
    Established Member Two Rings fanrazy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    When I used the steering wheel button, it fires up Ok Google and then Google Maps; but not Android Auto.

Ok Google & Google Maps Combination is working fine.

I just want to try out voice commands & day out location names all within Android Auto (stand-alone; not tethered via USB AutoPlay dongle)

Updated:

This was the full list of app permissions already set for Android Auto, no voice commands were recognised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I have the same issue with ok google and Google assistan citing incomplete requirements.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

In my Garage i have WiFi repeater. Just Connect the rsnav to your WiFi and you can load everything you want ... Daniel wrote the unit is Not Made for Connection to normal WiFi outside the Car, but it works fantastic.

You dont need AA you can Connect your Phone via Bluetooth to Stream music or make calls.
    But AA is more comfortable for me.

Also you can build a WiFi Hotspot on your Mobile Phone and Connect the rsnav to it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by boere View Post
    In my Garage i have WiFi repeater. Just Connect the rsnav to your WiFi and you can load everything you want ... Daniel wrote the unit is Not Made for Connection to normal WiFi outside the Car, but it works fantastic.

You dont need AA you can Connect your Phone via Bluetooth to Stream music or make calls.
    But AA is more comfortable for me.

Also you can build a WiFi Hotspot on your Mobile Phone and Connect the rsnav to it.

Or you can just insert a spare sim card in the slot at the back of the unit... Works s treat...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

He wrote that He wants to Update or Download Apps without Mobile Data connection

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoeJoe View Post
    Was this the full changelog for coming update or is there more? Im missing the button mapping and shutdown times.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Audizine mobile app
    @a4android Daniel, there is a open question to you. Do you have some more infos about the next update? Ist it just the obd usecase or mapping buttons and shutdown times too?

AZ Member #

What do you mean with mapping Buttons?

AZ Member #

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...php?p=13030627
    This post. There are more ideas in the room. Just like self mapping steering buttons. It wolud be better to assign the left wheel for media next/previous for users who didnt use AA.

The question was often asked by me and other users in the both rsnav threads.the current mapping isnt really useful. tapatalk_1530951929769.jpeg

AZ Member #

I have noises when i play music from RSNAV. Anybody knows what happens if i plug this

Directly to the OEM aux port in the harmrest With an amazon noise canceller? Could the problem be solved?

Veteran Member Four Rings a4android's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fanrazy View Post
    I have noises when i play music from RSNAV. Anybody knows what happens if i plug this

Directly to the OEM aux port in the harmrest With an amazon noise canceller? Could the problem be solved?
    Maybe yes, or not.
    Amazon noise canceller is a passive noise canceller - means it is kinda analog noise filtering, and our noise isolator is active noise canceller - means digitally clean out signals.
    So Active>Passive.
    Daniel Kim
    2010 A4 B8 - My first car ever!
    2012 A7 C7

AZ Member #

was doing this the most of the time recently.
    meanwhile, cut my left hand severely while installing this, so had to rest a few days as well.
    will try to answer emails in the next few days.

I know I know, almost all 10.25" has intermittent blackout problem (cybernet99 reported) when in Audi original interface with the June update - seems it's a software bug as we were trying to solve screen lock problem when startup interface was Audi interface. Trying to fix it.
    Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by a4android View Post
    Maybe yes, or not.
    Amazon noise canceller is a passive noise canceller - means it is kinda analog noise filtering, and our noise isolator is active noise canceller - means digitally clean out signals.
    So Active>Passive.
    But i am wondering, how the output sound changed. When you plug a wire in the rsnav screen Jack . Is the output changed automatically from normal path to the jack 3,5 mm path? Or how it works?

AZ Member #

Daniel is it possible to receive the Cover with the Hazard flasher? Mine is broken behind the unit... :-( dont Know why this happened...

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hi, Daniel!
    I've sent an email and duplicating it here. Maybe some forum members are experiencing the same...

I've got my unit (10.25" for Audi A5 Concert radio) several days ago. The install was simple and fast.

However there are some questions/suggestions/bugs:

1) I've got some strange SW number: M8.q5.1.0.1.06041802. The newest SW at wiki M8.1.0.1.05311755. Is it OK or should I reflash it? I've tried at first, but stuck at android recovery screen (no way to choose anything).

2) CAN and MCU SW seems to be ok (5.2.05.12 & 1.1.9.18.04.23) ?

3) I've disabled the steering wheel buttons in Radio module in VCDS. Now there is no fight between rsnav and concert, everything works fine except the volume. If I check the "volume" in Realsun setting I can see the on-screen volume bar changing but the volume is the same. Also, the "mute' function (pressing on a volume roller) is not working. Can you make the steering wheel roller to control the Android master volume if checked in Realsun? The mute could also be useful...

4) If I change the app on main page (for example I want to swap AUX with Poweamp) I can see the new icon and the app name, but at the bottom of the screen the app name is still AUX. This works the same with every icon on the main screen.

5) If I want to put AUX back the icon is not the same as it was out of the box and there is no way to change it

6) After some time parking sensors and guide lines stopped working. The same is for Carinfo. As I read on a wiki I have to replug the main harness. I will try next week.

Thats all for now. The car don't have an engine right now, so my testing was very limited.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you for a great device!)

P.S. The RS5 picture is not RS5)
    -------------------------------------
    A5 2.0L TFSI GEN2 STAGE 4+

G25-660, DP Engine Parts Rods & Pistons, Ported Head, +1mm Supertech oversized valves and a bunch of other mods)

Never buy IE stuff for your car...

AZ Member #

To 3) if you disabled the steering wheel buttons the light is disabled too, or? I only disabled sds and muted nav sound. I disabled phone in hidden menu too. The conflict is noe only on left side of steering wheel.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

To 3) if you disabled the steering wheel buttons the light is disabled too, or? I only disabled sds and muted nav sound. I disabled phone in hidden menu too. The conflict is noe only on left side of steering wheel.

I will check the lights on tuesday. But I hope they are ok, cause I've disabled them in Radio only. I think the lights will go off only if you disable them in the Steering module. Again, I will check for sure.

G25-660, DP Engine Parts Rods & Pistons, Ported Head, +1mm Supertech oversized valves and a bunch of other mods)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The lights are ok)

AZ Member #

Now im interested :) How did you disabled it?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cybernet99 View Post
    Hi Daniel, it seems since I updated to the latest May firmware update I discovered a new bug? I've posted more details on the RSNAV wiki bug page, but here is a quick clip of it. When in the OEM screens, the screen disconnects/goes black for a few seconds at a time. I'm not touching any controls etc. This is new since the update, never had any screen problems before this, and this is only when in the OEM screens.
    Is there anyone else who have this bug with the update dated 0531?(may 31th)?
    My assomption is that this happens at the same with Parking Guideline Malfunction.
    It seems intermittant CANBUS error triggers an app to restart every few minutes.
    Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

AZ Member #

RSNAV Android Guide to automatically activate Audi original backup cam when in reverse for a car with a manual transmission. Make sure choose 'Audi original rear camera' in realsun setting.

Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Is there anyone else who have this bug with the update dated 0531?(may 31th)?
    My assomption is that this happens at the same with Parking Guideline Malfunction.
    It seems intermittant CANBUS error triggers an app to restart every few minutes.
    I had the same issue for a few days when I updated after I updated the unit in June.
    I realize that this is probably just a coincidence but for some reason it resolved itself after I updated my Autoplay dongle firmware.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by onivla View Post
    I had the same issue for a few days when I updated after I updated the unit in June.
    I realize that this is probably just a coincidence but for some reason it resolved itself after I updated my Autoplay dongle firmware.
    That's another possibility because I know also the dongle makes weird button issues now.
    Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

Veteran Member Three Rings cybernet99's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 S-Line, 2013 MB GLK350, 2004 Yamaha R1 @AlterdA4

How did you update the dongle firmware? From within the ACP autoplay app itself? Thanks!
    Follow my build on IG - https://www.instagram.com/AlterdA4

Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold w 4 x 890cc Injectors), BW EFR8474 Turbo, Custom 4.5" FMIC, Custom 3.5" SS Turbo back Exhaust, Tilton Racing Twin Disc clutch/PP & LWFW, 034 Billet Motor Mounts, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Super stoked with the RSNAV head unit these days, I've slowly been installing and getting the new sound system going. Here is a short clip (recorded using my iPhone, so no special microphone) of a hi-res 24-bit 96 kHz song playing through the Android PowerAmp application. I've got the B&O amp and speakers still, with the exception of the door tweeters. I've got my AudioFrog GB25's installed and playing now to help with the front stage.

Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold w 4 x 890cc Injectors), BW EFR8474 Turbo, Custom 4.5" FMIC, Custom 3.5" SS Turbo back Exhaust, Tilton Racing Twin Disc clutch/PP & LWFW, 034 Billet Motor Mounts, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cybernet99 View Post
    How did you update the dongle firmware? From within the ACP autoplay app itself? Thanks!
    I used steps provided by boere

Quote Originally Posted by boere View Post
    I downloaded the Box .IMG from Here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ytsotykl..._XL3rWEua?dl=0

And Put it on a formatted fat32 USB Stick.
    Than Run Autoplay App and Put the Stick in USB cable from dongle.

The Update Starts. With this IMG it is now possible to Update the Box in the Autoplay App via WLAN without stick

After that update I have just been using the update built into the Autoplay app.

AZ Member #

Daniel could you answer please
    But i am wondering, how the output sound changed. When you plug a wire in the rsnav screen Jack . Is the output changed automatically from normal path to the jack 3,5 mm path? Or how it works?
    I have the correct path wiring installation, but still have several noises during playing music on my B&O Oem system.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I used steps provided by boere

After that update I have just been using the update built into the Autoplay app.
    Thanks Onivla!

I'm away doing laps at the racetrack for the weekend, will give it a go when I get back Sunday night. :)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

He’s not god

AZ Member #

Wow whats going on here Daniel? Same hardware and lower prices, DAB+ included

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gonny View Post
    Wow whats going on here Daniel? Same hardware and lower prices, DAB+ included
    Nope, inferior hardware, yes low price, and dab+ is extra.

I know who she is, and no body trust her. Once she approached me as if she's a customer and trying to get some info.

I mean it's not my business but I already 10+ people returned that and came to me.

So good luck.
    Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Nope, inferior hardware, yes low price, and dab+ is extra.

I know who she is, and no body trust her. Once she approached me as if she's a customer and trying to get some info.

I mean it's not my business but I already 10+ people returned that and came to me.

So good luck.
    Is it possible to get those designs that they are using?

And will we get a new android version like 7.1 or even 8.1?
    Attached Images

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gocan View Post
    Is it possible to get those designs that they are using?

And will we get a new android version like 7.1 or even 8.1?
    UI,That's their proprietary so no.

That 1ghz a9 quad-core used to run 4.4 and they ported 7.1 from a tv stick so, 7.1 is not really 7.1 but waterdowned slow version. Most of Google API does not run Priory. I heard apps are only sideloaded since playstore is not working.

We are working on Android 7 and inquire about 8.
    Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

UI,That's their proprietary so no.

That 1ghz a9 quad-core used to run 4.4 and they ported 7.1 from a tv stick so, 7.1 is not really 7.1 but waterdowned slow version. Most of Google API does not run Priory. I heard apps are only sideloaded since playstore is not working.

We are working on Android 7 and inquire about 8.
    That are good news.
    Will there be a option to change the clock widget with a new one. like a weather widget?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So, after a week of using the device I've finally managed the best setup for me:
    1) Torque Pro + ELM327 is working nice, no lags or drops of connection.
    2) Phone is working (except A2DP - but I don't need it)
    3) All the notifications from the phone (HTC 10) are send to RSNAV (I'm using the Join app for that). You can even send replies in messengers.
    4) The launcher is CarWebGuru. I've contacted the developer and send him the button codes (left/right/enter) to integrate the steering wheel buttons support for the app picker.
    5) Now I only need the volume controls to get the perfect system)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

By the way, if you got troubles with CAN communication (eg parking guides are not moving) you don't have to touch the main harness. Just use the Radio/MMI fuse in the right's passenger fusebox to power on/off the device.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wlcr View Post
    By the way, if you got troubles with CAN communication (eg parking guides are not moving) you don't have to touch the main harness. Just use the Radio/MMI fuse in the right's passenger fusebox to power on/off the device.
    Can you elaborate more?
    Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wlcr View Post
    5) Now I only need the volume controls to get the perfect system)
    Hi. I would like to ask why do you need integrated volume controls? I deactivated my RSNAV control of steering wheel volume control button in Realsun settings, set android volume to a fixed maximum via the RealSun settings manually (which shouldn't change) and now control volume strictly from the MMI volume on steering wheel or console to control master volume of the Audi amplifier. What am I missing why to have RSNAV control volume.

AZ Member #

So, as of a few days ago, Chinese resellers started to advertise they have 10.25" Android 7.1.1 device for Audi.

I went ahead and figure out what that is.

So this is from their advertisement that showing it's Android 7.1.1

But this is absolutely 'FAKE'
    First of all, Android 7.1.1 released on Dec. 5th, 2016.
    As you can see that evb3562v_c_66_m0's security patch level is dated June 1, 2016.

It smells fishy, isn't it? How come Dec. 5th released OS is with such a back-dated security patch?

That is the most common MediaTek's Android security patch release for 'Android 6.0'.

So really, evb356x models are running Android 6.0, not Android 7.1.1

This is from the same MT3561 family/designer and it's really Android 6.0.

So, still, your RSNAV is the latest and cutting edge - also now with 3GB ram/32GB ROM.

FYI, Technically, if you edit build. prop file in Android, you can easily change the Android Version no.

I mean, we can make our devices Android 9.0 by tomorrow if we do business like they do.

Also, these devices are missing many core google libraries and you would have so many trouble with Play Store apps.

I am doing my best to bring real Android 7.0 to our existing customers.

Stay tuned for the good news.
    Daniel Kim
    2012 A7 C7

AZ Member #

Better bring Features, not version numbers or night vision. Rsnav is missing some really needed car pc Features... buttons, shutdown times, controllable ignition, fixing bus etc.

Last edited by JoeJoeJoe; 07-20-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Can you elaborate more?
    You need the fuse box in the dashboard passenger’s side:

Brown (middle) carrier, fuse #3 (MMI/Radio).

Just disconnect it and put it back. The RSNAV power will reset the same way as if you have unplugged the harness.

AZ Member #

Daniel , please, I still have several noises during playing music on my B&O Oem system. I have done the correct path of wires when i installed the system, i cant belive the unique solution is spend 35$ to buy a noise isolator cable when this problem should be solved in warrranty.

Also i am doing some question about that and i havent got any solution ...