Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good point, mine was direct milled and the dovetail didn’t move. Not sure the location of the dovetail on the 43X/48 MOS?
    Actually, now that I think about it, I know Ameriglo at one time offered Agents for MOS sight cuts through their custom shop. That was the full-size MOS guns, but I would think that at some point the same option will be available for the slimline MOS guns too. Maybe, hopefully...? Ameriglo is almost Safariland-like in their lack of discoverability on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Actually, now that I think about it, I know Ameriglo at one time offered Agents for MOS sight cuts through their custom shop. That was the full-size MOS guns, but I would think that at some point the same option will be available for the slimline MOS guns too. Maybe, hopefully...? Ameriglo is almost Safariland-like in their lack of discoverability on their website.
    They have a version of the BOLD sights with the square rear notch that is made for MOS pistols to have no overhang. They are called Trooper sights on their website. Go to the search bar on their website and search for trooper. The GL-818 and GL-821 is for the Gen5 17,19,26, and 34. GL-822 and GL-823 are for the 42, 43, 43x, and 48. One model number is for orange outline front and the other is lumigreen outline front.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman514 View Post
    They have a version of the BOLD sights with the square rear notch that is made for MOS pistols to have no overhang. They are called Trooper sights on their website. Go to the search bar on their website and search for trooper. The GL-818 and GL-821 is for the Gen5 17,19,26, and 34. GL-822 and GL-823 are for the 42, 43, 43x, and 48. One model number is for orange outline front and the other is lumigreen outline front.
    The GL-822 and GL-823 do not look like the picture Ameriglo shows. They indeed have the overhang. At least my set of GL822's and the GL823 that were sent to me by mistake the first time both have the overhang. I suspect thhe picture they show is for the larger models.

Name:  IMG_4193.jpg
Views: 2892
Size:  39.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The GL-822 and GL-823 do not look like the picture Ameriglo shows. They indeed have the overhang. At least my set of GL822's and the GL823 that were sent to me by mistake the first time both have the overhang. I suspect thhe picture they show is for the larger models.

Name:  IMG_4193.jpg
Views: 2892
Size:  39.8 KB
    Is that on a slimline? They aren’t overhanging at all.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Overhanging the dovetail. Not overhanging the rear of the slide. Ergo, on an MOS gun with the dovetail moved rearward, they WILL overhang the rear of the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    G48

It could be that I am confused about what overhang we are talking about. If so, sorry for the divert.

Site Supporter
    I'm looking for rear sights where the sight body is above the sight dovetail. ie, most suppressor sights, Ameriglo Operator.

I'm NOT looking for rear sights where the sight body is to the rear of the sight dovetail. ie, Novak, Heinie, Ameriglo Agents, Ameriglo Operator Pro.

The latter, are archaic, from a time when the thought process was that sights should slope upward to make sweeping stovepipes easy on the hands.

I'm looking for rear sights where the sight body is above the sight dovetail. ie, most suppressor sights, Ameriglo Operator.

I'm NOT looking for rear sights where the sight body is to the rear of the sight dovetail. ie, Novak, Heinie, Ameriglo Agents, Ameriglo Operator Pro.

The latter, are archaic, from a time when the thought process was that sights should slope upward to make sweeping stovepipes easy on the hands.
    Ameriglo UC's and CAPs? Pages 3 and 7

https://ameriglo.com/uploads/2020Ame...agesForWeb.pdf

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Ameriglo UC's and CAPs? Pages 3 and 7

https://ameriglo.com/uploads/2020Ame...agesForWeb.pdf
    That catalog is more useful than their website.

This one sounds like it would pair well with a G43X MOS w/ RMSc for my tastes:

GL-418 .248" .165" U Classic Serrated Black

That catalog is more useful than their website.

This one sounds like it would pair well with a G43X MOS w/ RMSc for my tastes:

GL-418 .248" .165" U Classic Serrated Black
    Hopefully that model is accurately represented by the picture. The same catalog misrepresents the rear sight profile of the GL822 and GL823.
    Might be worth a phone call.

User Tag List