Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HDFan

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
This is sort of strange but one of the "killer" VP apps for me is listening to music via my AirPods Pro 2. Depending upon the app I can position the app window right inches from my eyes to give me a quasi immersive experience with the album cover with Yosemite valley in the background. Very calming as just a flick of a finger can change what is playing rather having to use a remote.

Between Apple Music, Roon and Qobuz the latter 2 give the best experience. Screenshots in that order - immersive blacked out by screenshot:

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0137.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: d0sed0se and Roller

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
This is sort of strange but one of the "killer" VP apps for me is listening to music via my AirPods Pro 2. Depending upon the app I can position the app window right inches from my eyes to give me a quasi immersive experience with the album cover with Yosemite valley in the background. Very calming as just a flick of a finger can change what is playing rather having to use a remote.

Between Apple Music, Roon and Qobuz the latter 2 give the best experience. Screenshots in that order - immersive blacked out by screenshot:

View attachment 2364274

View attachment 2364275

View attachment 2364276
Not strange at all. I do the same, though not with my AirPods Pro. The visual element adds so much to the experience, even if it’s just an album cover. I’ve been using Juno to watch music videos on YouTube. It’s best if they’re hi res, but even older videos are enjoyable.

Check out the covers by Lexington Lab Band, Leonid & Friends, and IMY2. They’re very well done musically and visually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.