ADDING ANOTHER 'PAGE'

Options
BERNARD RICHTER
BERNARD RICHTER Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I have the latest version of quicken de luxe and use Win 11. Hi, I presently use my quicken two ways. On page one I have all my personal accounts. On page two, I monitor a group of investment club accounts for our group. When I click FILE my drop down looks like below. 1) opens my personal accounts and 2) opens the group of investment club accounts. My question, I’d like to add a third group (page) as some relatives have asked me to monitor their accounts. How do I do that? Many thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

All you have to do is create another Quicken file for your relatives (File > New Quicken File…) and it will get added to the list that you see.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

And I would give them all better different names to tell them apart. You can have unlimited separate data files. You can rename them. Each data file ends in .qdf. They should be in your Documents then in a Quicken subfolder.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• BERNARD RICHTER
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for this, they were in a different folder in my case so I had to use my windows search box for .qdf files …. and that worked well.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

All you have to do is create another Quicken file for your relatives (File > New Quicken File…) and it will get added to the list that you see.

• BERNARD RICHTER
    Options

thank you for your help. I googled many times and could never find this simple answer. problem solved and thanks for taking the time.

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Options

And I would give them all better different names to tell them apart. You can have unlimited separate data files. You can rename them. Each data file ends in .qdf. They should be in your Documents then in a Quicken subfolder.

• BERNARD RICHTER
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for this, they were in a different folder in my case so I had to use my windows search box for .qdf files …. and that worked well.

• volvogirl
    Options

According to your screen shot it looks like those 2 files are in the same folder in your Documents.

• BERNARD RICHTER
    Options

Ah, I finally figured out why the files were hard to find. since I have always transferred files from previous computers, I seem to have MULTIPLE document folders in my microsoft directory.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please remember that, at this time, the list of files ('Pages') at the bottom of the File Menu is limited to show a maximum of 4 entries.

There's a request in the works to increase the size of this list to show more than 4 entries, "There should be a way to increase the number of files shown in the recent file list"
    When you have moment, please review and vote on this idea / suggestion.

If you need to work with more than 4 files, and until this request for a change gets implemented, there's a workaround:
    When Quicken is running, right-click its Taskbar icon. After a brief delay, a popup menu will show a list of Recent Files. To switch files in Quicken, select from this list of Recent Files.

Do be sure to have your Backup settings in Quicken configured to create a backup of the currently active Quicken data file every [1] time you close Quicken (or switch files).

• volvogirl
    Options

Cool tip! I never knew that. I have a long list of recent files. Although they are not all that recent. Wonder if there is a max files on that list?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In my Windows 8.1 I take a look in Control Panel / Taskbar and Navigation / Jump Lists where this can be turned on/off and configured to the max size.
    I don't know of a way to define "Recent" as being controlled by a time span, e.g., recent = last [x] months, and older files drop off the list automagically.

This discussion has been closed.