1755067 Members
3461 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Health Red Light - DL320e GEN8 v2

DenisPereira

Health Red Light - DL320e GEN8 v2

Hello,

Over the weekend, my HP ProLiant DL320e GEN8 V2 server experienced a thunderstorm, despite being connected to an APC Online UPS. Since then, the server's health LED has been displaying a red light.

Here are the steps I've taken to address the issue:

1. I replaced the power supply unit (PSU), but the problem persists.

2. I also observed an LED indicator near the CPU and approximately four green LEDs near the BIOS, as depicted in the attached image.

I am in need of assistance to diagnose and resolve this issue. I attempted to connect to the server via ILO, but it appears unresponsive. When I try to access ILO via RJ45, the network IP appears to be in the range of 169.254.1.19.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or diagnostic steps to help me resolve this issue.

Best Regards,
Denis Pereira

https://www.denispereira.com/dl320egen8v2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Health Red Light - DL320e GEN8 v2

Hello,

You may try by clearing the server's NVRAM:

• Power down the server and remove the power cable from the power supply.
  • Remove the server's access panel.
  • You may refer to item number 17 on diagram "System board components", on page 78 of the HPE ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 Server Maintenance and Service Guide for the location of the system maintenance switch.
  • Once identified, set system maintenance switch position 6 to On position.
  • Replace the access panel.
  • Connect the power cable to the power supply and power on the server.
  • Once you see a message indidcating that one of the system maintenance switch is set to on position and needs to be turned off, then power off the server.
  • Remove the power cable.
  • Remove the access panel.
  • Reverse the position of system maintenance switch position 6 from On position to its default Off position.
  • Replace the access panel, connect the power cable and power on the server.

If the issue is not resolved, then reduce the server to base configuration. To do so, remove all PCIe cards and/or risers installed. Have only the installed processor and a memory module for the server to power on. Power on the server. If the issue is not found, then add one component at a time and power on the server, until any defective component is identified.

Reset the server's iLO also and then connect it to the network and check if it receives DHCP IP address. You may refer to section iLO reboot (reset) of the iLO 4 User Guide for steps to perform the procedure.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Re: Health Red Light - DL320e GEN8 v2

Hello @DenisPereira,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo