cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v 3.0.4235 not able to stablish VPN connection: error "Certificate Validation Failure"

rjrg05101971
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v 3.0.4235 is istalled in 2 laptops, both running Win7 64bits, it is able to stablish VPN connection in one laptop but not in the other.

I get error: Certificate Validation Failure

So far I have verified and compared regedit information. In both the settings are as shown, except for 3rd field botton-up, in the laptop it works fine value is 26 while in laptop is not working value is 28 (I changed to 26 but same result)

Can anyone guide me what else I have to check and compare? (certificates, etc)

3 Replies 3

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Do you see any certficate authority missing in the laptop not working and working one?

Your firewall installed certifcate should be a trusted authority in your system...

Regards

Karthik

Hi nkarthikeyan

How can I verify certificates? Where are they located?

In Windows run certmgr.msc. That will open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for certificate manager.

Look for your VPN server's certificate issuer (e.g itself in the case of a self-signed certificate or the issuing root CA otherwise) to be present among the Trusted Root certificate authorities.

The screen looks something like the following: