cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adanced Malware Protection AMP - Demo license ESA C170

Diego Prada
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has an ESA C170 appliance in production and he wants to try the AMP funcionality.

How can I get an Adavanced Malware Protection AMP demo license for the Email security Appliance C170.

Thanks in advanced

Diego Prada

3 Replies 3

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to get the following feature key applied from GLO, avail in 1Y, 3Y, and 5Y...

GLO should also be able to provide a 30-day temp/trial key, if requested.

You will need to reach out to GLO and request the demo license/feature key to be added to the serial, if hardware - or to the virtual license number (VLN) if a virtual appliance.

Global Licensing Operations (GLO):

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home

Licensing FAQ

Phone: 1-800-553-2447, opt 3

Request to have a case opened for GLO/Licensing.

Their email directly is: licensing@cisco.com

-Robert

I requested a demo license for AMP but GLO told me that "due to product specifications CISCO does not allow demo licenses on this type of product".

I thought it would be a bit easier to get a demo license.

The customer has several C680 and would like to test it on couple of them.

That should not be correct.  Existing customers with valid support contracts can evaluate the AMP feature by making a request to GLO at licensing@cisco.com. Requests should reference the AMP SKU needed, the applicable appliance type, customer information, and the serial number of the appliance (for virtual appliances, please provide the VLN number from the virtual appliance license).

They should be able to provide the demo key.

ESA-AMP-LIC=
Example: ESA-AMP-3Y-S8  -> AMP for Email Security Appliance 3-year SW subscription for 5,000-9,999 users