Page 13 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What makes you think it is going into Morrison territory?

The reliance on the 90s cartoon says we are in for super-duper basic, super-duper classic, uninventive, safe.
    What makes you assume that it'll be "safe"? The original show wasn't. According to the book the Lewalds wrote on the subject, nearly everything they did was considered a big risk and they had to fight for a lot of it (the one place they relented was when Fox said they couldn't do a season as one long story anymore after season 1). And now with standards for writing in cartoons less restrictive they could take even bigger risks.

They need to adapt the New X-Men run but tweak it so that they don't kill Jean off (Scott and Emma can still get together), and, instead, let Xavier make her the headmistress of the school, which is what he wanted.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    They need to adapt the New X-Men run but tweak it so that they don't kill Jean off (Scott and Emma can still get together), and, instead, let Xavier make her the headmistress of the school, which is what he wanted.

Jean should succeed Xavier but I hope there is no school. I like the xmen as a small family team. Having the school and countless mutants takes away from that intimate aspect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Jean should succeed Xavier but I hope there is no school. I like the xmen as a small family team. Having the school and countless mutants takes away from that intimate aspect.
    I'm going to agree. With all the students there, it always felt like they were cannon fodder walking around with targets on their heads. It always feels like there's something morbid going on when the X-Men have enough characters around that you could kill off a bunch without really effecting the main cast.

They have to update the show entirely I just hope they can nail it. Fans are too vocal these days there was no Twitter in the 90s so they’ll hear it if it’s not good or they misrepresent a character. It also seems like this will be the team that debuts in the MCU basically these versions of them and idk how I feel about that…

Amelia Vidal - Character Designer for "What If...?" - has announced on Instagram that she is the LEAD CHARACTER DESIGNER FOR THIS SHOW!!!!!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah it sounds like Marvel has built a proper animation stable in their studio now.

Excited to hear the inevitable interview where Feige is asked about the decision to do this.

I would love this. I know I'm in the minority but I love the X-men as an actual school like it was in Morrison's run or how it became in X-men evolution. That would be a good way to integrate a lot more characters.

I've always wanted an animated version of E is for Extinction. Bring on Cassandra Nova but I don't expect any of that. I would love to see the X-men in the Morrison era uniforms but they will go the more superhero look imo. I do hope this series is fun.

I think it will start out familiar and then change and become it's own thing.. just like in He-man Revelation but we will see. I expect they will start out in their classic 90s uniforms but will not stay in them. Maybe there will be a time jump who knows.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm going to agree. With all the students there, it always felt like they were cannon fodder walking around with targets on their heads. It always feels like there's something morbid going on when the X-Men have enough characters around that you could kill off a bunch without really effecting the main cast.
    Agree and it just takes time away from the main cast. I want them to take that time to develop the character interactions and relationships. For example, Jean and Rogue are on the same team but their relationship is hardly ever touched on. They can have nostalgic vibes but explore entire relationships/friendships/rivalries that were not defined in the original and that’s what Im excited to see.

Jerry Gaylord is also working on the series! Here is one of his pieces:

I do admit, I am eagerly awaiting the modern version of the theme song they will inevitably make for this show.
    Amelia Vidal - Character Designer for "What If...?" - has announced on Instagram that she is the LEAD CHARACTER DESIGNER FOR THIS SHOW!!!!!

I guess we'll get to see what her designs are like in 2D.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I can't lie I would have preferred Wolverine & the X-Men reboot but this is also good, I hope they keep Storm's speeches without that the show loses 90% of it's charm also make Jean useful that moaning passing out every episode **** is tired.
    I would have preferred they have picked up where THAT left off. Since it was cancelled prematurely over legal issues. Because of the Disney buy out, I think.

Jerry Gaylord is also working on the series! Here is one of his pieces:

Storm looks literally and figuratively divine there...