• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 10 - 7 a day!

Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's Friday again which means it's time for a new weekend challenge! It's hard to believe we've had ten of these now.

I was reading the other day about the 7 a day fruit and vegetable advice for healthy eating and though I wonder what the Photoshop folk would make from a group of fruit and vegetables. So here they are - 7 fruit and vegetables. I cheated on the healthy bit and stuck a potato in there, and a mushroom is also probably bending the "rules". Of course for those in the UK, where the campaign was 5 a day, then you only need to use five of them .

As usual, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW10FruitandVeg.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

Really nicely done Jane-Did you have any particular ACP in mind when you came up with the idea?

Terri, who does it remind you of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you've put me on the spot Jane , but I think it's a little like Dave-sorry Dave It's got such a sweet innocent little face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you've put me on the spot Jane , but I think it's a little like Dave-sorry Dave It's got such a sweet innocent little face.

No-one has said I've got a sweet innocent face for well over 50 years - but I'll take it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you've put me on the spot Jane , but I think it's a little like Dave-sorry Dave

Yes, sorry Dave from me as well!

dave.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I like the beret !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what you get for going to a cheap plastic surgeon Dave. Did you hear about the plastic surgeon who sat in front of the fire and melted? That was my favourite joke when I was five.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd introduce a few characters from the last few challenges into my Garden of Eden.....

SFTW10GiantVeg.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius !!  Incredible Dave !! You really take the prize with this one. Reminds me of one of my favorite childhood shows " land Of The Giants ' ... truly amazing work !! I love the broccoli trees ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Dave.  Looking at your image I am seeing windows and a door in the mushroom, with a hobbit outside smoking a pipe.  The carrot would make a nice dug-out canoe and the onion a hot air balloon up in the sky. 

I'm still backed up, but slowly getting there, so I might get something up for this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired Dave, so many clever ideas there. I see the mushroom features really strongly -I'm starting to worry about you and mind altering food-you could end up like Trevor. They say the men in white coats let him out for a full two hours a day now, but even he doesn't go around photographing pieces of driftwood on beaches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all - you're very kind.

Terri - of course my view of the world is reality, it's everyone else that has it wrong. Those men in the white coats told me that ...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired Dave, so many clever ideas there. I see the mushroom features really strongly -I'm starting to worry about you and mind altering food-you could end up like Trevor. They say the men in white coats let him out for a full two hours a day now, but even he doesn't go around photographing pieces of driftwood on beaches

I actually Googled magic mushrooms after seeing this thread, but I wouldn't risk anything that didn't come from the supermarket, yet alone stuff that messes with your mind.  Chris gets upset because I won't eat her garden produce, but the apples from our tree are sharp, and the broccoli are like the stick figures in a Lowry painting.  She is OK at growing tomatoes, but I know for certain fact that nobody really likes tomatoes, and they just pretend by way of a huge wind-up.  But they are not fooling me matey!

Ussnorway  wrote

I like the way the spuds are getting washed Dave... very clever

Goodness, that takes me back.  Back in the day, you could only get your veg covered with mud.  Pre-washed veg was science fiction, even for soft southern Jessies (Dave will know what I mean).  But my dad was forward thinking, and decided to supply our parsnip crop sans mud.  The problem was, Global Warming hadn't been invented back then, and even in Essex — which is considerably closer to the Equator than where Dave and Terri live — our winters were COLD!  So filling two cast iron bathtubs with muddy parsnips, and scrubbing them with a yard broom while being splashed with not quite frozen mucky water, was not fun.   

There will be clever machines that do it all nowadays, except oop north where the choice is between scrubbing vegetables or the Workhouse    But as Monty Python used to say,  'They were lucky!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A forrest of broccoli trees!

Dave, you need write a children's book to go with this story. It's a charming book cover!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt#3

I feel like I'm just not getting very far this weekend with the challenge... Too much on my mind I think. So here goes another vege character..

challengeweek10c.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it. I think these are some of your best Jodi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Terri. I forgot her eyelashes. I'm just not with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you said earlier, you should collaborate with Dave on children's books-Dave Wonka and the Chocolate Factory-oops think that's been done already. When Dave was young he used to buy five chocolate bars a day hoping to get a golden ticket, sadly he never found one, but does now weigh 400 pounds, which is about the same as 5 umperlumpers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to be the one writing those books Terri !! You have quite the wild and crazy imagination !! Too funny !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full of character Jodi - nice!

Terri - that wasn't kind - it's 399 pounds

It's Sunday evening here so a good time to remind anyone who has stumbled across this thread that all are welcome to join in. You can make an image as complex or as simple as you like. Don't be shy - have a go

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Dave !! Probably the second time I have ever used the grass brush ( first time was probably just a test to check it out )  its just not a brush I tend to use but it worked nicely here for the type of image it is .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh this is brilliant Rista !! A real masterpiece ! Love it !! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So pretty, Rista!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really nice Rista, made me feel quite hungry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love your use of color. Looking at the carrots with the green foliage sprouting from the top with the adjacent purple onion made me wonder why that works so well and then I realised you used 'triadic colors' Did you plan that or are you one of those people who just naturally senses colors that go well together. The same is true of the pepper and the onion except they are analogous colors. Anyone wanting to create high impact images would do well to study the color wheel and color theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines