My 2 month old AN515-55 gets bsod every time I start game

Options
Nik123
Nik123 Member Posts: 6 New User
I get blue screen almost every time I start a game 
Sometimes 1-2 minute after into a game, sometimes a bit longer. The times I don't get bsod everything starts be super slow and unusable.
I've tried reinstalling windows 4 or 5 times, with all the drivers from Acer, still the same problem.
I live in a remote island and there's no service center around. I called Acer call center and they were quite useless with advices like "restore windows". I've done it all. But maybe I've missed something. Please help

Best Answer

• Nik123
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would like to update, it might help someone else in future.
    I took the laptop to Acer service center, after one day they have fixed it by replacing thermal compound and now there's no blue screen. So it this was bcz GPU or GPU memory was overheating.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Nik123,

It's looks like you are not shuttingdown the unit properly after every usage. Just refresh the BIOS and check the performance.

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Nik123
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply 
    I'd done that "default" thing with BIOS before and i've just done it again, still the same same error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, sometimes nvlddmkm.sys
    It has nothing to do with shutting down computer. It only happens when i try to run any game
    Other than that everything work as before
  • SilvaGi
    SilvaGi Member Posts: 277 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2021
    Options
    clean reinstall the gpu drivers from AMD/ Nvida dont use the windows driver. Have you tried that?
    Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Custom Desktop Build (5800X, 16GB, 3070ti)
    Previous: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!

• Nik123
    Options
    SilvaGi said:
    clean reinstall the gpu drivers from AMD/ Nvida dont use the windows driver. Have you tried that?
    I've tried it all, clean reinstall windows, clean reinstall drivers from Acer, from Nvidia, from Windows updates, same result :( 
    tomorrow I'll go to mainland and visit acer service center let's see what they gonna do about it, i will report here. 
    Anyways it was my mistake to buy this garbage acer laptop, I always only used MSI and ASUS and never had problems. 
    I'll sell it even if they fix it and buy ASUS or MSI. it's not worth my time and nerves

thank you for your help guys 
  • SilvaGi
    SilvaGi Member Posts: 277 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2021
    Options
    well you tried alot, maybe a refund then from seller and you buy something else.good luck!

Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Custom Desktop Build (5800X, 16GB, 3070ti)
    Previous: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!

• Nik123
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would like to update, it might help someone else in future.
    I took the laptop to Acer service center, after one day they have fixed it by replacing thermal compound and now there's no blue screen. So it this was bcz GPU or GPU memory was overheating.
  • Nik123
    Options
    Sorry, I have another update. So it lasted an hour in a fairly not demanding game Skyrim, then I got blue screen again and laptop restarted.
    Now device manager doesn't see GPU, I think it's dead. Going to Acer right now.
    Such a garbage
  • Nik123
    Options
    The garbage got fixed finally, they have replaced the whole motherboard. I knew it was defective.
    Anyways no more Acer for me, wasted so much time with this *****.