How to Fix - DPC Watchdog Violation (Win10 BSOD) No bootable device - Predator PH315-51

Options
DarknessFX
DarknessFX Member Posts: 3 New User
Download the Intel SSD Toolbox @ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28309 and update the Intel SSD NVMe firmware.

Our Predator model uses the INTEL SSDPEKKW256G8 (aka Intel SSD 760p Series), the new firmware from September/2018 revision 004C notes "Fixed PS4 power state transition issue causing system BSOD or system hang" and "Fixed intermittent system hang caused by pin base interrup issue with shared resource".

Problem description:
Every 10mins-6hours the system hangs, throw a BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation, reboot and interrupt the boot with "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE" screen. Manual power cycle restarts the system successfully.

Mini-blog:
In November 15, 2018 I've got a new Predator PH315-51 but it suffer from BSODs (DPC Watchdog violation) all the time, I return the product.
I bought a new one at Black Friday, received it November 28, 2018, same problem. I was about to return it when I learned about this firmware and updated, looks like it fixed the problem. (at least in the last few hours I'm finally running stable).

Hope it helps, good luck.
---
(... if I get any other BSDO, I will return this product as defective ...)
(... also, both Predator PH315-51, the built-in webcam (aka USB Boot Camera) didn't work in Win10 ...)

Best Answer

• ToughTootinBaby
    ToughTootinBaby Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just chiming in to say I found the same solution. Drivers were all up to date for everything, DPC_Watchdog_Violation-flavore BSODs were happening every 1-6 hours, was about to buy a shipping label to send the laptop back.

Then I looked up the model number for the SSD, downloaded the Intel NVME Toolkit, updated with the most recent firmware version, and I haven't had a BSOD since.

Answers

• DASOTAdex
    DASOTAdex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Just tried this, hopefully it solves the issue.
  • DanGBuffalo
    DanGBuffalo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue occurring in my Nitro 5 with the same SSD.  I tried downloading the newest drivers from Intel's website, but when I manually pointed to the folder containing the driver, windows said it had the best driver already installed, which is from 2006... I did download the SSD tool kit and ran it last night, and so far haven't had any BSOD DPC Watchdog situations.  Fingers crossed that this works.  Acer Support is terrible.  Called 3 times and was told that a system restore would be the correct action... Hard to see how that would fix an issue that literally was installed on the computer before I ever even turned it on.  Did it anyway, full system reset to factory, and it BSOD'd within an hour.  If anyone knows how to force windows to use the newer driver, I would love some feedback!
  • ToughTootinBaby
    ToughTootinBaby Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just chiming in to say I found the same solution. Drivers were all up to date for everything, DPC_Watchdog_Violation-flavore BSODs were happening every 1-6 hours, was about to buy a shipping label to send the laptop back.

Then I looked up the model number for the SSD, downloaded the Intel NVME Toolkit, updated with the most recent firmware version, and I haven't had a BSOD since.
  • davidregan00
    davidregan00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank heavens that I found this thread. I was about to give up on the Acer product after three terrible calls to their lack of "support" team for this DPC Watchdog Violation. On a laptop I've owned for a week I was on my 2nd system restore as suggested by their customer "Service". Updated the driver as suggested here, and so far so good. Thank you for this fix. 
  • DASOTAdex
    DASOTAdex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Just chiming in to report it fixed the BSOD for me too!
  • Vasudev
    Vasudev Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am not getting an option to update the Firmware the option is de-highlighted
  • yanabee
    yanabee Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    My 2 week old Predator PH315-15 has been having the same issues since I got it and I've tried chatting and calling Predator Support, I was advised to wait for the latest update of Windows, do System Recovery etc etc and none resolved it. I finally realise I could maybe check if other people have the same issues and bumped into this thread. I downloaded the tool and it did detect the firmware as outdated. I updated it successfully. So far, it's looking good, haven't experienced BSOD for 20 minutes now (before the update, it crashes even minutes after restart), although I will be able to test it fully, tomorrow morning at work. I'll update after tomorrow. You're a 🌟
  • yanabee
    yanabee Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    yanabee said:
    My 2 week old Predator PH315-15 has been having the same issues since I got it and I've tried chatting and calling Predator Support, I was advised to wait for the latest update of Windows, do System Recovery etc etc and none resolved it. I finally realise I could maybe check if other people have the same issues and bumped into this thread. I downloaded the tool and it did detect the firmware as outdated. I updated it successfully. So far, it's looking good, haven't experienced BSOD for 20 minutes now (before the update, it crashes even minutes after restart), although I will be able to test it fully, tomorrow morning at work. I'll update after tomorrow. You're a 🌟
    Just an update. It's about 12 hours now my laptop is doing some heavy work and it didn't get any BSOD.
    I would say the above information resolved it. I think I may have to send it to the "support" team so they would know how to assist anyone who gets the same error. :lol:
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    yanabee said:
    yanabee said:
    Just an update. It's about 12 hours now my laptop is doing some heavy work and it didn't get any BSOD.
    I would say the above information resolved it. I think I may have to send it to the "support" team so they would know how to assist anyone who gets the same error. :lol:
    :lol:
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • 1783pictures
    1783pictures Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I am having all of the listed no bootable disc and crash problems, but I seem to have the latest intel SSD firmware. Intel SSD Toolbox says it's the latest and will not let me update. Therefore I want to smash my laptop with a hammer because I cannot fix it.
  • SAYANSAHA1997
    SAYANSAHA1997 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 2021
    Options
    I Am facing DPC watch dog violation in my 

Aspire A715-41G
    During start up only or during  turning on this issue occur sometimes after that I can go to windows 
     I have performed windows Reset today with remove everything option

issue occur start up only  for few seconds 
    NHQ8DSI001XXX

Edited the content to hide personal and sensitive information
  • Sandblaze05
    Sandblaze05 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I Am facing DPC watch dog violation in my 

Aspire A715-41G
    During start up only or during  turning on this issue occur sometimes after that I can go to windows 
     I have performed windows Reset today with remove everything option
    issue occur start up only  for few seconds 

NHQ8DSI001XXX

Edited the content to hide personal and sensitive information

I also have the same problem with my acer aspire a715-41g. Once in every month it used to give this error. To resolve this I ran the command sfc /SCANNOW in admin command prompt to resolve integrity violations which are most likely to give this error. After this I updated windows and since then this error hasn't occured and has been a month. You can even go to control panel>system and security>maintenance>maintenance dropdown>reliability. Over there you can see all the errors and technical reason behind them arranged by date. In my case a service failed with windows when this error came.
  • SAYANSAHA1997
    SAYANSAHA1997 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

Kindly check now I hope there is no hardware issue