Cycnoches barthiorum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! as I said, I am very happy with this plant! nice color, good shape and flower count...

Flowers normally last for around 2 weeks - depending on temperature this can be shortened to 1 week or extended for a few days longer...

Scent of this species: accoring to my nose it is like a mix of fresh cut grass and fresh gound black pepper.. accoringo to my mom's nose it is dirt :D

very, very nice. Why can I grow Catasetum well but the few Cycnoches I've tried die a few weeks after I look at them, what is the big difference in their culture?

Forrest

a bit less water for Cycnoches! let the medium dry out between watering...

or, adapt the plant to S/H ;)

Thanks a lot, Biothanasis! I am recovering pretty fast already :) well, there are two different thing 1) after the surgery I had some problems with my foot/leg due to damages on the nerve. this is improving very fast and I think in less than one month it will be fully recovered (Dr. said about 2 months, but he is also surprised to see the improvements within one week) and 2) post-surgery conlascence.. there is no much to change here, and I need to be very quiet and carefull with ma back for 6-8 weeks... but I am doing fine so far :)

Good job you're not collecting Sobralias in 80Litre buckets....

Keep on posting, I love your pictures!

Back