• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
s-l300.jpg

How about Primal on PS2 by now-defunct Sony Cambridge?

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
MiniMoni. Shakatto Tambourine! Dapyon!

A spiritual successor to the arcade/Dreamcast maracas rhythm classic Samba de Amigo, but with a tambourine. Shakatto Tambourine! was an arcade (NAOMI) game, which got a sequel revolving around idol group Mini-Moni, released only for the PlayStation.

Yes, the PS1. The only game Sega developed exclusively for that console.

1212px-MMStTD_PS_JP_Box_Front.jpg

1532px-MinimoniSTDP_PS_JP_BoxBack.jpg

640px-Shakka_to_Tambourine.jpeg

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Jet Moto. That game was actually a pretty big deal back then, but I can't remember the last time I've even seen someone say the name in passing.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Less then 10,000 people bought Puppeteer its launch month in us npd. Its definitely that. Sad as its one of their best.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Well OP, you had the one game that came to my mind. I never even owned a PS2, but I bought Drakan: The Ancient Gate so I could rip and emulate it, as I wanted to know what happened after the original PC game.
I still want more games either in this series or that can so easily mix a third person hack and slash with dragon flight sim.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019

I'd say this is more of a great hidden gem since a sequel came out on Xbox 360. For those that don't know, gameplay wise, Rumble Roses 1 is a spiritual successor to the old WWE/WWF Smackdown PS2 games that were amazingly fun to play. If you can get past the presentation of women in sexy clothing fighting in a ring, you'd find yourself having a really fun time with the gameplay. There were a handful of good games out there with great gameplay during this era that many people didn't play due to sexy or raunchy presentation, including DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball(the first one), Aggressive Inline, P.N. 03, and the Outlaw Sports games.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
MiniMoni. Shakatto Tambourine! Dapyon!

A spiritual successor to the arcade/Dreamcast maracas rhythm classic Samba de Amigo, but with a tambourine. Shakatto Tambourine! was an arcade (NAOMI) game, which got a sequel revolving around idol group Mini-Moni, released only for the PlayStation.

Yes, the PS1. The only game Sega developed exclusively for that console.

1212px-MMStTD_PS_JP_Box_Front.jpg

1532px-MinimoniSTDP_PS_JP_BoxBack.jpg

640px-Shakka_to_Tambourine.jpeg

This is so bizarre, must've been some weird licensing agreement?

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Only the games listed ONCE throughout this thread are the true winners, as no one but the poster actually remembers them. :D

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Puppeteer- first party Sony game, late in the PS3's life that was almost universally lauded as a great and immensely creative game, and no one really paid it any attention (commercially)

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Most people I talk to don't remember Silent Bomber on PSX, but that game was amazing for the time! Surprised more games haven't built on or copied the bombing mechanics.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'd say this is more of a great hidden gem since a sequel came out on Xbox 360. For those that don't know, gameplay wise, Rumble Roses 1 is a spiritual successor to the old WWE/WWF Smackdown PS2 games that were amazingly fun to play. If you can get past the presentation of women in sexy clothing fighting in a ring, you'd find yourself having a really fun time with the gameplay. There were a handful of good games out there with great gameplay during this era that many people didn't play due to sexy or raunchy presentation, including DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball(the first one), Aggressive Inline, P.N. 03, and the Outlaw Sports games.

Random, but still think it's hilarious that Steve carrel was the commentator for outlaw golf.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Arguably, you're wrong. Socom had multiple, multiple entries across several different Sony systems and generations. Hardly forgotten by any metric when you have games like Alundra, Musashi, Tomba, Thousand Arms and the numerous other games that had one release more than 20 heads ago.
Me rooting for Socom does not take away from your wanted titles.

Socom 4 launched during the day before the PSN was hacked basically. MAG was a good idea that was ahead of its time.. They can do better products without these issues/ If they go in on a good quality and high budget game, it would be good. In todays climate, it would be very good. IMO.

EDIT: there is a place for all these titles. But when i look at Sonys lineup. A socom like experience would greatly enhance it. Likewise, of course I want more rpgs or remakes and reboots.

Last edited:

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
493ca97f-1f60-456e-90rgk07.png

Played the demo for that game so much, I have never seen it mentioned anywhere outside of that demo disc i got with my PlayStation 2 back in the day.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I don't think it was an exclusive, it may have been. But Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks always needs more love.

Also.

Champions of Norrath and its sequel Return to Arms. These games with the PS2 multitap for 4 players.. It was an amazing experience with friends.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
220px-Tiny_Tank_Coverart.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Game was way more fun than it had any right to be. Also...

Tiny Tank was easily a top 10 PS1 game for me.

I remember this solely because it was in a load of Vita bundles when I was buying one, and I was trying my hardest to find one that didn't include this lol.

Most people I talk to don't remember Silent Bomber on PSX, but that game was amazing for the time! Surprised more games haven't built on or copied the bombing mechanics.

This seems vaguely familiar, but I don't know if I played it. If I have, I've certainly forgotten it.

493ca97f-1f60-456e-90rgk07.png

Played the demo for that game so much, I have never seen it mentioned anywhere outside of that demo disc i got with my PlayStation 2 back in the day.

Airblade was great. I played the demo a load too, but I did actually end up finding a copy of the full game in like 2011. I think it was the last PS2 game I bought.

Ape Escape, that series just disappeared.

Eh, Ape Escape did get a remake as well, to be fair.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you can technically call Psygnosis's space station simulation-thriller PS1 game Sentient an exclusive since it was also released for PC, but it sure is unique and mostly forgotten.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking a few days ago what I would give for a new lemmings. I mean it shouldn't be hard to release a collection or a new PSN game or something. Was such an amazing game and Sony just left it to rot

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Baito Hell or Work Time Fun.
100644--baito-hell-2000.png

It's a minigame collection game where you earn money to spend on capsule machines to unlock more work, useless items, and apps for your PSP, including the absolute best ramen timer. I only found out about this thanks to a giantbomb stream:

Galerians_Coverart.png

Galerians is a cool wanna be Resident Evil, but actually not that bad! It's story is nonsense but the concept of RE with psychic powers is neat. Awful sequel.
Now there's a forgotten game. Never did play it, but it was one of the first I thought of when thinking about games no one ever mentions. There was a bit of hype for it too around the time and then nothing.

Last edited:

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
These two are my contributions. Threads of Fate will always be one of my favorite games.

Threads_of_Fate_Coverart.png

16510-shadow-of-destiny-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
This thread makes me feel old, I played almost all the games in here.

Gitaroo man is one of my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Also for all my other Tomba! peeps, game's take on a weird JRPG platformer hybrid is cool, but I just got to the jungle area... Feels like I fell into a 1950s Loony Toons bit. yikes