• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Candymans Emaxx

Candyman

Hello guys, rather shamelessly signed up on your forum to flick through your for sale add's and found what I was after! So though I should contribute! Some of you may know me of have seen my stuff, I make a lot of stuff out of aluminium etc.

Anyway, my Emaxx project is 8 years old! it started like this:

7.jpg

All integy bling, good grief, but my original intension wasnt to run it, then I dropped this bad boy in!

17.jpg

Plettenberg big maxximum, this was a long time ago and brushless wasnt like it is today, I had to buy the motor from germany and the controller from some place in canada, the cost was astronomical, I found the receipt for the motor the other day it was about

Edited by Candyman
  • Like 2

After not running it for a while I tore it down again last year and made the best chassis I could, it took about 30 hours of work and it as good as I could make it, now on 6s lipo the smaller lighter cells let me do stuff I couldnt do before.

1.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

13.JPG

15.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Happy with the truck now and I run it when I can, thanks for reading :) hope you like it.

Edited by Candyman

I could be mistaken, but is your name Ryan? (I believe you had a pretty fast yellow Vauxhall Nova and liked Airsoft Guns?)

But I think back in 2006 I sold you an EMaxx at one point With UM Gears/UE Diffs/UEShocks/UE Arms/GA Bulks/Gorilla Chassis and some Single NIMH cells (I think its those 3300's?) And you sorta combined it all into 1 Emaxx ??

Edited by Guns

amazing mate,

followed your threads on other forums and its still as stunning as the first time i saw it :P

Any more recent projects?

Excellent :) yeh been working on a crt .5, got it running on 4s now :)

All my stuff is here www.ukmonsters.co.uk

I could be mistaken, but is your name Ryan? (I believe you had a pretty fast yellow Vauxhall Nova and liked Airsoft Guns?)

But I think back in 2006 I sold you an EMaxx at one point With UM Gears/UE Diffs/UEShocks/UE Arms/GA Bulks/Gorilla Chassis and some Single NIMH cells (I think its those 3300's?) And you sorta combined it all into 1 Emaxx ??

Hello chap, long time! Yes ........ Keith? i remember, yeh some of your parts live on, on my truck even today, defo got your shocks and UE steering rack still on there!

Hiya, its a Neu 1515 2.5D, 1650kv, works great on 6s just the right wind.

Hi,

I run an flm Maxx myself, I had those spyder diffs for a while, but the CVDs wouldn't reach the drive cups as they're a little short. Did you have any trouble like that?

Hi,

I run an flm Maxx myself, I had those spyder diffs for a while, but the CVDs wouldn't reach the drive cups as they're a little short. Did you have any trouble like that?

Hi, errr no, the cvds were one of the first things I bought! so they are 8 years old, the UE diffs have quite long cups and sit fine with the cvds, Can you wind the pillow balls in to get the whole hub closer?

Excellent :) yeh been working on a crt .5, got it running on 4s now :)

All my stuff is here www.ukmonsters.co.uk

Hello chap, long time! Yes ........ Keith? i remember, yeh some of your parts live on, on my truck even today, defo got your shocks and UE steering rack still on there!

Hi Mate! Thats great to hear, broke my heart selling that E-Maxx, I had been building it since I Was 14/15, but as soon as I hit 17 and passed my test, I wanted car audio :(

I just wish I had some pics of it when it was mine!!

Still got the Nova?

Hi Mate! Thats great to hear, broke my heart selling that E-Maxx, I had been building it since I Was 14/15, but as soon as I hit 17 and passed my test, I wanted car audio :(

I just wish I had some pics of it when it was mine!!

Still got the Nova?

Yeh I sent you that pic I had didnt I , I think that was the only one I had of it next to mine.

Sold the Nova 2 years ago now, had a couple of problems with it and it was starting to give me stress day to day, bought a 172 which I still have as my daily runner.

ever for sale first dibs lol

you better start saving now then! its a very nice truck. just had a look at your website there is some amazing stuff on there :shockingscary::thumbsup: Edited by Jumper

I'm Quite fond of the 172s, still a clio boy at heart :)

I'm not sure if you did? If you still had it, I'd be very grateful if you could upload it?

Thanks

Sure I emailed it to you, im looking all over but cant find it now, i'll keep looking.

:whistling::thumbsup:

Not you again! :) you ok mister.

you better start saving now then! its a very nice truck. just had a look at your website there is some amazing stuff on there :shockingscary::thumbsup:

Thank you