Sponsored

33's on a 2-Door Sport-S With The Least Amount Of Work (Stock Wheels?)

XyloSesame

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tuscadero Sport S
I went a similar route but liked my Sport S granite crystal wheels better than the Rubicon take offs. Went to a 285/75/r17 (34”) and a 4Door rubicon springs/shocks package($200 and an afternoon).. Loved the look and liked the increase over 33s, while still fitting on an oem Jeep wheel.
This is exactly what I'm hoping to do once my tires wear out or I'm able to justify the cost to myself: 34" Ridge Grapplers on OEM Granite Crystal wheels with Rubi takeoffs.

Have you had any issues with the increased width on Sport S axles? Any (noticeable) negatives to the ride or handling?
Sponsored

uralist

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR - Sarge Green
I didn’t notice any issues with the Sport S axles. The ride was a bit stiffer than stock and the 3.6 manual was slightly sluggish feeling at first, but no big negatives. Rode like I think a jeep should ride.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
The Rubi takeoffs, wheel & tire set; are a great upgrade for a new wrangler non-Rubicon model IMHO. I wish I had found this forum when I first bought my JL.

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
I went a similar route but liked my Sport S granite crystal wheels better than the Rubicon take offs. Went to a 285/75/r17 (34”) and a 4Door rubicon springs/shocks package($200 and an afternoon).. Loved the look and liked the increase over 33s, while still fitting on an oem Jeep wheel.

A875D676-7DA4-4056-8508-822A8880520F.jpeg
This is great news and an awesome look. I plan on doing the same, but with a 2022 4 door Rubicon Xtreme Recon takeoffs, to swap out on my 2021 MT 2 door Willys. What exact parts do I need from the XR other than shocks and springs? Should I also get the sway bar links, track bar LCA and bump stops off the XR?

uralist

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR - Sarge Green
This is great news and an awesome look. I plan on doing the same, but with a 2022 4 door Rubicon Xtreme Recon takeoffs, to swap out on my 2021 MT 2 door Willys. What exact parts do I need from the XR other than shocks and springs? Should I also get the sway bar links, track bar LCA and bump stops off the XR?
I can’t speak for the XR package, but the only other suspension piece I used besides JLUR springs and shocks was the mopar lift lower control arms. Those brought the steering to better than stock.

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I really wish something like the black Willys rims were an option when I ordered my Sport S. I settled for the Granite Crystal rims. I may look for Willys or Rubicon takeoffs at some point, but not until it’s time for new tires. Buying other wheels then trying to sell yours is too much hassle for me.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Does it bother anyone else when the OP on these types of posts never come back and make a follow up post with what they finally went with?

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

DW-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport JL 2dr Hella Yella
I went with Mojave takeoffs and rubicon flares. Haven’t done any lift or suspension swaps as of now. Wasn’t sure what to expect, but ended up liking the Mojave look on the Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a 2-Door Sport-S With The Least Amount Of Work (Stock Wheels?) EF9E1755-EC62-4C15-8872-FDB130F3B42D

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You also swapped out the wheel here, correct?

When people say "rubicon takeoffs", do they usually mean the wheels, the tires AND the spare?

Does the year matter at all, or will any JL work?
You can find 5 takeoff rubicon wheels + tires for about $1200. This is the way.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
I went with Mojave takeoffs and rubicon flares. Haven’t done any lift or suspension swaps as of now. Wasn’t sure what to expect, but ended up liking the Mojave look on the Wrangler.

EF9E1755-EC62-4C15-8872-FDB130F3B42D.jpeg

Do you have more photos of the high fenders with no lift and narrow axles? I am probably going to go down this path when I move from 33s to 34s or 35s in the future. I am worried about the overall width and too much tire coverage, like how some of the JKs were built with their fenders way out past the tire.

I am not familiar with the Mojave wheel and tire package - is it also a 17x7.5 with 6 1/8" of backspacing, or an offset of +44 mm ?

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I am picking up a new 2022 JL 2-door Sport-S next week.

Using mostly as a daily driver, but I hate the stock wheels and tires, and I want to put on 33's.

Which 33's would you recommend a newb jeeper get if he was going to stick with the stock wheels, and was going only for the look?
Get a set of Rubicon take offs. You can get the wheels AND tires for what a set of tires alone would run you if you’re patient. Check the classifieds on this forum.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just joined the club, so I thought I'd contribute. Stock Sport S with Gladiator takeoffs. No plans to lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a 2-Door Sport-S With The Least Amount Of Work (Stock Wheels?) IMG_1811
I really like those wheels. I’ve never found a set of 5 though, since Gladiators don’t have matching spares. I couldn’t bring myself to do just 4. Unless I got the steel spare with the matching tire, I could do that until I found a matching wheel.
Sponsored