Surefire RC2
Surefire 3p
Surefire M600-U
Surefire SR07 dual switch
Arisaka Defense Inline offset light mount
Magpul Mlok hand stop
Trijicon RMR type 2
NightForce Atacr 1-8x
Badger ordnance condition one moduler mount (lower 1/3)
Badger ordnance offset micro site mount
Magpul pro BUIS
Gemtech suppressed BCG
B5 sopmod stock
Geissele airborne charging handle
Magpul sling
Magpul sling mount
Painted with Rustoleum army green, black, deep forest green, khaki, earth brown
View Quote

Love the paint job
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I have the weirdest boner right now

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Colt upper
Colt BCG
PRI Gas Buster
Colt 14.5 Gov Profile M4 barrel
Badger Ord MK12 gas block
Surefire Warcomp
DD M4A1 RIS II
CQD sling mount
NightForce ATACR 1-8
Badger Ord Condition One 1.70 mount
PEQ-15
Surefire M600V on Arisaka mount
Surefire dual switch
Surefire SOCOM RC

LMT Defender lower with Colt lower parts
Colt buffer tube
Colt H2 buffer and spring
Colt ambi selector
Geissele SSA
HRF Concepts RCM magwell
VTAC padded sling

Just need a Badger ARC and RMR.
And a thermal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did OP go? He was taking this thread pretty personally at first, even sending me a PM yelling at me for ruining his thread by disagreeing with him or whatever.

But it seems to have been 8 months or so since he popped in.

You ok there @M-4matus ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
Where did OP go? He was taking this thread pretty personally at first, even sending me a PM yelling at me for ruining his thread by disagreeing with him or whatever.

You ok there @M-4matus ?
View Quote

He took his ball and went home lol
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Winniethepooh:

View Quote

That's a shame if so, it's a good thread that petty person had to be them over and ruin for the rest. The post you quoted did show me that it wasn't just me that was being trolled by the same person, either.

Anyway to keep with the thread's purpose, I am thinking of getting a BA Hanson 13.9 to P&W a 6315KM-L to instead of the BA Modern 13.7 to a SOLGW Nox to. The Nox is not beneficial to a lefty even when clocked that way because of the lack of a prong being directly underneath to keep the blast from kicking up dirt and debris.

Anyone with personal experience with the BA Hanson in positive or negative light willing to share with me, before I pull the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 7:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmh556] [#8]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

That's a shame if so, it's a good thread that petty person had to be them over and ruin for the rest. The post you quoted did show me that it wasn't just me that was being trolled by the same person, either.

Anyway to keep with the thread's purpose, I am thinking of getting a BA Hanson 13.9 to P&W a 6315KM-L to instead of the BA Modern 13.7 to a SOLGW Nox to. The Nox is not beneficial to a lefty even when clocked that way because of the lack of a prong being directly underneath to keep the blast from kicking up dirt and debris.

Anyone with personal experience with the BA Hanson in positive or negative light willing to share with me, before I pull the trigger?
View Quote

I have a 13.9 BA Hanson that I pinned and welded a Surefire 3 prong FH to and it is running very well. Accuracy is on par with most AR15 barrels in the 1.5 to 2 MOA at 100 meters when using bulk 62 gr green tip, plus it comes with a pre-pinned lo pro gas block. I would like to get another for a future build. I also have the 13.7 Modern Series and it's decent, but I prefer the 13.9 Hanson for it's weight and better accuracy potential.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

I have a 13.9 BA Hanson that I pinned and welded a Surefire 3 prong FH to and it is running very well. Accuracy is on par with most AR15 barrels in the 1.5 to 2 MOA at 100 meters when using bulk 62 gr green tip, plus it comes with a pre-pinned lo pro gas block. I would like to get another for a future build. I also have the 13.7 Modern Series and it's decent, but I prefer the 13.9 Hanson for it's weight and better accuracy potential.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Maybe you can help me out here, BA's site show's the 13.9 Hanson only in mid. But Arm or Ally shows it in carbine for the 13.9, is it a special purchase? Oof, what did I just get by ordering ?

And thank you for the positive review share.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 10:07:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmh556] [#10]

Maybe you can help me out here, BA's site show's the 13.9 Hanson only in mid. But Arm or Ally shows it in carbine for the 13.9, is it a special purchase? Oof, what did I just get by ordering ?

And thank you for the positive review share.
View Quote

The BA 13.9 Hanson definitely has a mid length gas system, and BA does make a 13.7 Hanson that has a carbine gas system. I'm guessing that Arm or Ally had a small error in their product description, which is not uncommon for any vendor that sells products in high volume. I do know that BA made a 13.7 Hanson barrel in mid length gas, but that was a while ago and was a limited run. This is the SKU from Arm or Ally:  SKU: BABL556037F; and this is the SKU form Ballistic Advantage: BABL556037F.  Both are the same which leaads me to the conclusion that there was a simple typo on the Arm or Ally site. If you ordered the barrel from there, you are most likely to receive the BA Hanson 13.9 inch barrel with a mid length gas system, and at a darn good price as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]

You ok there @M-4matus ?
View Quote

OP:

Last Post Date 10/6/2022 5:47:07 PM CDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

OP:

View Quote
I see for m4-matus

Last Post Date2/7/2022 3:10:37 PM MDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:26:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#13]

View All Quotes

Nice jab at me and then trying to immediately change the subject. So when you say trolling surely you don't mean like the post you just made?

I was asking about op and you're turning it into an attack. I never have to wonder why i put you on ignore. Unfortunately the ignore system doesn't hide quotes.

Eta: he IMd in may of 2021, so his tantrum about me ruining the thread was obviously unwarranted and he was still posting for almost a year afterwards so he wasn't run off by me or anything.

Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]

The BA 13.9 Hanson definitely has a mid length gas system, and BA does make a 13.7 Hanson that has a carbine gas system. I'm guessing that Arm or Ally had a small error in their product description, which is not uncommon for any vendor that sells products in high volume. I do know that BA made a 13.7 Hanson barrel in mid length gas, but that was a while ago and was a limited run. This is the SKU from Arm or Ally:  SKU: BABL556037F; and this is the SKU form Ballistic Advantage: BABL556037F.  Both are the same which leaads me to the conclusion that there was a simple typo on the Arm or Ally site. If you ordered the barrel from there, you are most likely to receive the BA Hanson 13.9 inch barrel with a mid length gas system, and at a darn good price as well.
View Quote

Well that's a relief to hear, thanks. Hopefully you'll be right about that. Got another favorable review from a friend using a 17.7 BA. I should be good then. Going to top off with a 6315KM-L that I had already bought.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

This is a solid solid setup.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I see for m4-matus

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

OP:

I see for m4-matus

Yep my mistake.  It's been a while.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RO73] [#19]
My 11.5” SBR. It’s been my go to for a long time, along with its 14.5” sibling.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#20]
My current upstairs blaster
Poverty pony receivers, geiselle mk4 fed rail, 10.5 triarc barrel, q plan b, kac sandcutter, lmt enhanced bolt, kac hh buffer, magpul ctr, BCM mod 3 grip, surefire light/pressure pad, exps3-0 and a f1 suppressor (yhm cloneish)
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Poverty pony receivers, geiselle mk4 fed rail, 10.5 triarc barrel, q plan b, kac sandcutter, lmt enhanced bolt, kac hh buffer, magpul ctr, BCM mod 3 grip, surefire light/pressure pad, exps3-0 and a f1 suppressor (yhm cloneish)
https://i.imgur.com/PAA2let.jpg
View Quote

what MLOK covers?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:

what MLOK covers?
View Quote
They look to be the Knights Armament URX 3 covers.
Must be with modified hardware for that rail though.
https://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-panel-kit-long-urx-3-3-1/
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
They look to be the Knights Armament URX 3 covers.
Must be with modified hardware for that rail though.
https://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-panel-kit-long-urx-3-3-1/
View Quote

I just had to dremel the corner where the hand guard mounts. Otherwise it’s a pressed fit onto the side and the square nut fits perfectly on the inside
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#24]

I just had to dremel the corner where the hand guard mounts. Otherwise it's a pressed fit onto the side and the square nut fits perfectly on the inside
View Quote
Nice.
That's some custom shit!
I'm a big fan of those type of geissele rails, for me just mainly the MK4's.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Decided to add a G45 to my setup to see how I like it

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

What light mount is that?
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ryanralston12:

View All Quotes

Looks to be the SureFire mount
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Geissele ddc 16. Gemtech suppressor. Acog TA11 with Rm05 and Laser thingie.

Plan to add a modlight button to make laser more useful.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Can someone help me pick a light for my build?

10.3 DD MK18
Aimpoint t2
Surefire RC2
Blah blah blah…

Made the mistake of going cheap inforce, and now about to pony up for a surefire.  Sr07 tape switch in the bag, but should I go mini scout pro, or the bigger scout dual fuel?  Looks like most folks choose the mini, but any reason (aside from weight) to not go with the bigger brother?  I’d image it would help with shadow since there is a can on the gun all the time…

What am I missing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Trying a better new way to have an offset back up sigh for SHTF

@nch209 my suggestion is the Cloud Defensive Rein 2.0 micro. I'm a Modlite fan but the 2.0 so far is as good as the PLHv2. The 1.0 Reins were god awful warmer and not as cool, making it harder for my eyes to see, but the newer replacement 2.0 Reins are a night and day improvement.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks.  I’ll look into them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Now with dedicated can (Griffin M4SDII) on a 14.5" DSA barrel.  

All the usual other stuff: Aimpoint Pro, SSA trigger, MI two piece drop in FF rail, Streamlight TLR-VIR.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]
DSC_0013.2 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />DSC_0015.2 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />DSC_0020 (2).2 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#34]
This a complete Geissele SBR that I built a couple of years ago. I picked up all the parts on a Black Friday sale and saved! The upper came complete from G. I have a Proof SS 11.5 barrel on the way that I will likely swap into it. Picked up a case of 62gr. Fusion MSR and I'll run some of my 75gr. match loads. SD-E, K16i SM1, Spuhr 1.89, Modlite PLH, H3. I also have a Shaffer scout mount w/qd sling cup on its way to replace the Arisaka. I can either run a SF Warden or my 30cal RC2.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#35]
This thread needs re-pinned
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I changed out the heavy T-15 rail with end cap to the 15" m-lok combat rail. I had an m-lok light mount from a previous build I threw on, and I love it. Need to look into either a handstop or stubby vertical grip. This is my go-to rifle.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:40:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#37]

@cone256

Thinking of selling my G33 3x for the G45 5X, what are your thoughts on the G45?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:58:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#38]
I changed out the heavy T-15 rail with end cap to the 15" m-lok combat rail. I had an m-lok light mount from a previous build I threw on, and I love it. Need to look into either a handstop or stubby vertical grip. This is my go-to rifle.
https://i.imgur.com/sit9Iev.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ElHTbmG.jpg
View Quote

Damn. That’s an old school rail. Looks like an early YHM rail. I dig the setup overall. Clean and straightforward.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

@cone256

Thinking of selling my G33 3x for the G45 5X, what are your thoughts on the G45?
View Quote
I have one. It's a G33 with more mag and less FOV. If you value fov, keep the g33. If you want more mag, get the g45. Otherwise they're basically the same.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Took my BCM KAG off it. I liked it, but I think a slick bottom rail is the way to go. Was playing around with my 9007 last night and can't believe how far the IR laser travels. I was impressed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#41]

@cone256

View All Quotes

@cone256

Still getting used to it.  It's my first magnifier so nothing to compare it against.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cone256:

Still getting used to it.  It's my first magnifier so nothing to compare it against.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cone256:

@cone256

If you can suffer this style, G33 v G43 v G45 vs AP 3xmag-1

Magnifier Battle - Aimpoint (3xmag-1) vs EOTech (G33/G43/G45)
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Damn. That’s an old school rail. Looks like an early YHM rail. I dig the setup overall. Clean and straightforward.
View Quote

Thanks. I loved the T-15 rail, but I wanted to try a more slender and lighter m-lok. I like the new rail, but I will hold on to the t-15 and likely build another gun around that rail. Hard to beat!
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Considering a brt gas tube but..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:56:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#45]
This is my current favorite. I actually threw it together out of spare parts and parts I found on sale. I didn’t think I’d like 10.5 so I wanted to do it cheap’ish to try out.

10.5 Triarc barrel
PSA lower
Aero upper
AO Precision BCG
Vltor A5. Springco green. I think I’m using a A5H0 weight

CompM5 in Scalarworks 1.93
PERST3
Modlight 18350 in T-Rex Lightbar
Proctor sling
Turbo K

I think that’s all the important stuff. I really, really like this little rifle.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 5:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#46]
Swapped my 10.3” 5.56 SBR to a 6.75” .300BLK MCX upper to fill the “go to” role.

Attachment Attached File

Also picked up a Rattler upper to fill the “go to” travel gun role.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#47]

My go to SBR.
Sandman K
11.5in SOLGW Barrel
Geissele MkIV Federal Rail
BCM Upper
Bootleg Adjustable BCG
SOLGW branded Radian Charging Handle
CompM5 on a LaRue mount
Capitol Armory Lower
Aero Trigger (will be replacing with a LaRue)
Radian/Geissele/FCD lower parts

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2o7tGz4]
Same lower, different upper.
Sandman K
11.5in Colt FBI HRT Barrel
FCD A2/Keymo muzzle device
Surplus upper and C158 BCG from Thoroughbred Armament
Standard charging handle
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Colt 6920 I built into a SOPMOD Block 1.

Re-barelled with a Colt SOCOM 14.5" P/W barrel
KAC RAS rail, forward grip and covers
Surefire M951 light with laser cover and Lumens Factory LED bulb
ATPIAL-C (civilian PEQ15)
Surefire dual remote pressure switch
Matech BUIS
B5 SOPMOD Gen1 stock
Blue Force Gear sling
Trijicon TA31RCO-M150 ACOG with an Anti-Reflection Device/Laser Interference Filter (ARD/LIF) with a Trijicon RM06 RMR mounted on a Trijicon piggyback mount
ARD filter for RMR
Colt ambi-selector lever (F/A lever modified for S/A use)
ALG-QMS trigger group
Colt H2 buffer
Colt side sling swivel
Arisaka QD sling attachment for the SOPMOD Gen1 stock
Carolina Laser Works UID tag
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#49]
@guntoter Nice rig.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MRTEX:
@guntoter Nice rig.
View Quote

Thanks!
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top