LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to get Gamepark GP32 up and running

InfinityFox

On 5/10/2018 at 4:58 PM, DrMaxwell said:

RetroArch MAME core gp32 driver. Thought I would answer it instead of dropping unhelpful images.

Hi, I have tried playing this in MAME directly. I have the gp32 driver but the games are extremely lagging/jumpy. Regardless whether you have had this issue or not have you found more success using the MAME core through Retroarch than MAME directly? I tried playing it through Retroarch but Retroarch opens for a split second before closing. My files are zipped .smc and I have Retroarch selected to unzip zipped ROMs. My command line in Retroarch is -L "cores\mame_libretro.dll". The gp32 driver was in my MAME ROM folder, I also tried it in Retroarch's system folder zipped and unzipped just in case that was it but unfortunately no difference.

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much for your help, @tallpr24. I was missing the x2c32.jed file in the bios. 

Also, it's important to rename the games to the MAME-preferred list and keep them in .zip format.... 

So Astonishia Story is astonish.zip.... Blue Angelo euro is blueangl.zip and so on...

Is that right?? I couldn't get the games to work otherwise. Although, I can only really get the GP32 system to run to the main menu. Are any games actually loading up? Or what button on the keyboard do you press, I think I pressed #6 and it went to the MP3 screen. And then #3 or maybe #2 (it's slow and laggy) went to a CD screen. Couldn't find the "game" button.

And I know this is a basically dead emulated system.... for anyone reading, you're not really gonna be able to play these games yet so it might not be worth your time to troubleshoot if you're at this point. However, if this system does get the tlc it needs to play smoothly, the whole library of games looks pretty cool (and is only like 400mb large). So it'd be nice to have in the archive.