• ***************************************************************************************
    WARNING: MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS CURRENT IN THE MAIN ACCOUNT SETTINGS. TODAY WE WILL LIKELY FORCE NEARLY 1,000 USERS TO RE-VERIFY THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES, AND THAT MEANS SOME PEOPLE WHO FAIL TO KEEP A CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS ON RECORD HERE MAY GET LOCKED OUT.

When people log into their account, we regularly check their passwords against a huge breach database. If it shows up in the database (regardless of whether you used the same password on another site or someone half way around world did), we make the password as breached and force you to change it. Unfortunately, due to a coding error, we marked a lot of accounts as having breached passwords even when they weren't in the database. Our easiest way of dealing with it while maintaining security is to force every affected account to re-verify their email address. Upon doing so, and then logging in again, the system will then check the password again and let you know if it still wants you to change it or not. If you get locked out fully, email [email protected] though note it may take a week or more for a response at this time.
    ***************************************************************************************

The "correct" JAMMA harness?

Fordperf

Donor 2014
Reaction score
If you google image search JAMMA harness schematics, you get back a bunch of results and they are not all the same.

I have noticed there are discrepancies between some, such as below:

jamma_pinout.png

jamma-pinout.gif

Note things like the S/15 and J/8.

Does anyone have a 100% true and accurate JAMMA schematic they have used and trust, which has the correct pinouts? I know this sounds like such a lame request, but when I now see 'unused' on a pinout I start questioning whether it's really unused or the schematic is incomplete.

both are correct, just depends on the game you use. Some games use a counter some do not, same with the test/tilt switch.

both are correct, just depends on the game you use. Some games use a counter some do not, same with the test/tilt switch.

Understood, but wouldn't the schematic always list it as coin counter and not 'unused'? Maybe it's not used for that game, but it definitely belongs on the official schematic IMO.

It just stopped my in my tracks, needed to ask about it here :)

Where did you get the first image that would make you consider it "official"

the closest you'll find to an "official" JAMMA pinout can be found here: http://www.coinop.org/kb_dl.aspx/KB/gametech/jamma tech.html I don't think the actual JAMMA orginization's white papers are publicly available.

After 1999 the "standard" was changed to JVS which calls for a separate I/O board connected via USB

part of the problem is that the actual JAMMA standard has changed a few times. so older game that followed the standard perfectly are not exactly the same as newer games that followed the standard perfectly

I don't think the JAMMA Pinout was ever a highly regimented standard but more like a guideline... there are plenty of games that have their own quirks that make them incompatible with the standard without some minor modifications. The problem was that only a few years after the standard was created it was nearly outdated because the newer games coming out needed additional features that weren't part of the standard. (like the kick harness found in most fighting games)

Last edited:
Where did you get the first image that would make you consider it "official"

the closest you'll find to an "official" JAMMA pinout can be found here: http://www.coinop.org/kb_dl.aspx/KB/gametech/jamma tech.html I don't think the actual JAMMA orginization's white papers are publicly available.

After 1999 the "standard" was changed to JVS which calls for a separate I/O board connected via USB

part of the problem is that the actual JAMMA standard has changed a few times. so older game that followed the standard perfectly are not exactly the same as newer games that followed the standard perfectly

I don't think the JAMMA Pinout was ever a highly regimented standard but more like a guideline... there are plenty of games that have their own quirks that make them incompatible with the standard without some minor modifications. The problem was that only a few years after the standard was created it was nearly outdated because the newer games coming out needed additional features that weren't part of the standard. (like the kick harness found in most fighting games)
Thanks for the info. To answer your first question -- where should one go to get the official pinouts? I got that from a google image search but it could've been from anywhere. jammaboards.com, mikesarcade.com etc. I don't know what makes one site's listing more official than anothers, I suppose.

Thanks for the info. To answer your first question -- where should one go to get the official pinouts? I got that from a google image search but it could've been from anywhere. jammaboards.com, mikesarcade.com etc. I don't know what makes one site's listing more official than anothers, I suppose.

did you read past the first sentence? I posted a link to the most "official" pinout you'll find in the second sentence of my post.

Yeh, the coinop.org link is the most complete and accurate pinout. It also shows the stereo speaker output. JAMMA originally was mono sound and in the early 90's was revised to stereo speakers. For a cabinet with a mono speaker, you wire it to the terminals for the "left" speaker.

The A.M.O.A. used to have all the game standards listed on their website, but not any more. You now have to be a paid member of the A.M.O.A. to access that information.

Last edited:
did you read past the first sentence? I posted a link to the most "official" pinout you'll find in the second sentence of my post.

Yes, I did; my question back was rhetorical, as in 'where does one go for such things? google' :)

Yes, I did; my question back was rhetorical, as in 'where does one go for such things? google' :)

Google is ok if you don't know what you're looking for but for "official" things you're better off visiting WikiPedia and then looking at the "sources" listed there... generally they will lead you to the most official places.

Google is ok if you don't know what you're looking for but for "official" things you're better off visiting WikiPedia and then looking at the "sources" listed there... generally they will lead you to the most official places.

That is why I asked here, and I am glad I did!

Try from their homepage instead:

http://www.coinop.org/

Ken, I tried it and it is giving me this:

"Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.Member' with unique index 'ix_Member_GUID'. The duplicate key value is (00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000).
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below."

Ken, I tried it and it is giving me this:

"Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.Member' with unique index 'ix_Member_GUID'. The duplicate key value is (00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000).
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below."
That's a database error, something went wonky during the process. Maybe try again later.

Back