Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What do I need to download software from ASP for a 7008 MC

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  What do I need to download software from ASP for a 7008 MC

Posted Aug 23, 2022 05:04 PM
    Say I buy a new 7008. What do I need to be able to download software for it?
    Do I have to register the controller?
    Or do I have to register licenses like "Aruba LIC-AP Controller per AP Capacity License E-LTU"?

• 2.  RE: What do I need to download software from ASP for a 7008 MC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2022 03:50 AM
    You will need to have an active support contract to download software. See here the warranty conditions if you don't have an active contract.

As you will need to order through an authorized reseller, it may be good to ask the reseller of choice for their advice. For most WLAN deployments, a controller is not required if you use Instant APs. If you use the controller for VPN purposes, or SD-WAN, other requirements may come up.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: What do I need to download software from ASP for a 7008 MC

Posted Aug 24, 2022 05:05 AM

Hello Herman,

Do you means a contract like this one: https://www.centralpoint.nl/aanvullende-garantie/hewlett-packard-enterprise/aruba-1y-fc-nbd-exch-7008-bch-cntrl-svc-art-h4vp9e-num-6698929/

Regards,

Han.

Bestel de Aruba 1Y FC NBD Exch 7008 Bch Cntrl SVC aanvullende garantie (H4VP9E) zakelijk bij Centralpoint ✔ Gratis & snelle levering ✔ MKB Reseller of the Year

• 4.  RE: What do I need to download software from ASP for a 7008 MC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2022 08:00 AM
    That looks like it.. but work with your reseller to make sure that you get what you need as there are support contract that are handled directly with Aruba, and contracts where your partner will be the primary point of contact and responsible for downloading the firmware and providing it to you.

Also, if you plan to terminate APs on that controller, you will need LIC-AP and probably LIC-PEF licenses as well, and those have support contracts as well. Ask you reseller what you need, and let then decide what products, licenses, services and contracts will best fit your request.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.