Tokyo Marui M4 CQB-R 12/24 RELEASE

Shinden

cqbrph01.jpg

cqbrph06.jpg

Another short update from Tokyo Marui, http://tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/01/cqbr/index.html

New M4 CQB-R Recoil Shock version

Flat Dark Earth and Black version available 12.24.09

¥57,540

New Features:

Short CQB outer barrel 10.3"

Vltor EMOD stock for 8.4Nimh SOPMOD battery

Short Stubby Foregrip included

FDE version includes a FDE colored short vertical grip, pistol grip, and stock.

Same Features as SOPMOD/SOCOM model:

82 round magazine with internal 30 round mode.

Bolt blowback action with recoil

Bolt catch function when magazine is empty and needs to be pressed

Fullmetal diecast aluminum construction reciever

Colt markings

RIS numbered on front foregrip and top rail

Rear LMT rear site

Specifications:

Length 705/780mm Stock Extended

Weight 3,370g with Battery

Barrel 275mm

Magazine Capacity 82/30 Rounds

Battery type SOPMOD 8.4 nimh battery

post-12746-1260871577_thumb.jpg

post-12746-1260871587_thumb.jpg

i just think that EBB's are just accidents waiting to happen and also they are twice the price as some GBBR's espesually with AGM releasing a large range of GBBR's and GBBR mags and acessories.

but its a awsome looking gun, does it come in just ordinary AEG form ?

its a love hate thing really if you can fork out the money to fix one if it does break and the stupid unique mags and batteries. All in all more expencive than the TM SOPMOD EBB i would say around £550 and that will leave your wallet dusty for abit

i just think that EBB's are just accidents waiting to happen and also they are twice the price as some GBBR's espesually with AGM releasing a large range of GBBR's and GBBR mags and acessories.

but its a awsome looking gun, does it come in just ordinary AEG form ?

its a love hate thing really if you can fork out the money to fix one if it does break and the stupid unique mags and batteries. All in all more expencive than the TM SOPMOD EBB i would say around £550 and that will leave your wallet dusty for abit

Im sorry but...what?

Ive been running a sopmod since december at 350 fps and i havent run into a single problem besides a simple manufacturers defect which happens with ALL machines.

So, what exactly is the issue?

An AGM or any other cheap GBB clone is much more of an accident waiting to happen than any EBB Ive seen. With some of the EBBs its a question of how long itll be before you have to do some minor maintainance. With the cheap GBBs its a question of how long until I have to gut everything minus the body and start over.

I applaud Marui for trying new things. Sure, they come at a premium. Thats the cost of doing business in Japan and actually investing money and time in R&D.

Having said that, I like the look of both models but the FDE version looks only half way done up in FDE. Needs some rail covers or something to finish it out IMO.

You get what you pay for.

in this case, a quality Tokyo Marui Gun. Never had one fail on me. unlike other companies, you dont have to wait a few months to see what problems people encounter with new guns TM puts out, as you have to do with G&G, G&P, CA, etc. Tokyo Marui has proven to me to be Lemon free, and reliable in everyway.

Not to mention its out of Japan, NOT china.

well just to ###### on that one, I currently have a TM FAMAS in bits because the motor gave up. Totally stock internals too.

I don't think the extra price tag is worth the low kick, I mean I'd far prefer an EBB than a GBB for obvious reasons, like the fact taht England sucks on weather. However I'd rather shell out of a G&P GBBR at the same price as this.

The main thing is this gun is made for Japan specifications of .98Joules. You can complain that this gun shoots very low FPS *(280~290FPS), however this gun is really well made both internally and externally. There are some people who comes across a defect or customed the gun to the point something breaks, but almost every airsoft company has defects and parts that break when upgraded *(in this case guns like the GBBR AGM, JG, G&P, and WA will all break a part at somepoint and the amount of swapping parts out for better ones and buying extra gas magazines will cost more or close to the EBB M4 Sopmod/Socom/CQB-R series) Even stock parts will wear down eventually in regular or heavy use. This is just unavoidable. However the Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock M4 series have been performing very well in all weathers, providing good user feedback, and doesn't need to be upgraded to make the gun reliable.

WhiteHawksan, the TM FAMAS motor and just about any motor *(even the G&P motors in the SAW guns) will all wear down. Also the gun itself is an older model and comparing the newer motor in the new guns is very far off. The new motors in these guns are very well built and will handle the torque.

Jond36, this gun won't sound like a typical sewing machine AEG. Its more of a metal clack-clack sound than the whirring whizzing noise. If you come across a TM recoil shock M4 that sounds high pitched, the motor screw isn't tuned right. Otherwise the gun sounds very loud.

Not really as much competition since GBBs still suffer in Japan's winter season. Tokyo Marui will be increasing on more of the Shoot Recoil series guns. Currently the line up is : AK74MN, AKS74U, M4 SOPMOD, M4A1 SOCOM, AK102, AKS74N, G36K, M4 CQB-R BLK, M4 CQB-R FDE. Thats 9 guns total (most are variations), however expect to see more from Tokyo Marui next year as this is only the beginning. ^_^ In the USA and Europe, many people are still skeptical about 1) the gun's low FPS. 2) lack of custom parts/internal parts. and 3) Fear of reliability issues because of more moving parts. I believe a lot of consumers outside of Japan prefer the GBBR for realism more but considering the price of gas magazines, maintenance, and parts replacement, its not much any different than spending on an AEG blowback gun.

They need more models. The G36 is a good start, but looks like a poor blowback compared to these "shoot and recoil" models

New models will be released, but the G36K is just as good as the AK74 recoil series. I do agree about more variety though

You get what you pay for.

in this case, a quality Tokyo Marui Gun. Never had one fail on me. unlike other companies, you dont have to wait a few months to see what problems people encounter with new guns TM puts out, as you have to do with G&G, G&P, CA, etc. Tokyo Marui has proven to me to be Lemon free, and reliable in everyway.

Not to mention its out of Japan, NOT china.

yeah i just hate it when i buy cheap guns from goddamn china expecting them to be just as good as guns twice its price because i demanded it

god i feel like an idiot my CA mp5 has never failed me under normal use but CA's guns are manufactured in mainland so it must be unreliable

EVERYONE DONT BUY REAL SWORD ITS FROM CHINA :o!!!!

but yeah back on topic its nice to see marui (whos been in the game for what? 20 years +-?) come out with guns now with customized stocks (y)

wish they used the R&D to make a different gun though, maybe a licensed masada would be nice :D

Some copy guns are made very well in my opinion and some of them requires some work to make them work. Overall, some of the manufacturers still make big flops in thier lineup. So don't feel bad. Some companies make really poor guns at first or a really bad model at some point, but most companies today have been improving and making models that are satisfactory to most consumers. Still copy guns won't be 100% as close to the actual model. China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Japan, it doesn't matter that there are good companies from Asia and companies that work together or have factories in other places in Asia. Tokyo Marui also have a Taiwan factory making certain things and an office in China too. So Bart Dude, don't worry, I understand. This isn't a clone vs TM, but still TM makes thier gun to satisfactory levels in Japan nowadays. Tokyo Marui still emphasize that thier guns, being made in Japan, needs the quality and pride of a very high standard product.

Well more R&D on the way!

I’ve been really interested in the new TM SOPMOD since it came out, and while the new CQBR looks ok it’s nothing externally that we haven’t seen before, I still think that this is the direction of things to come for airsoft.

Very few people I skirmish with are into Hi Caps, most are into low or mid caps and are into adding as much realism to their rifles as possible, So functioning bolt catches, stopping firing when the mag is dry, all these things are pretty exciting.

I really do want to get myself a GBBR but I’m hesitant due to the amount of work that they require, now from what I’ve heard, the new EBBR are pretty decent out of the box, with very little in the way of problems, Yes a higher FPS would be good, but I think that in a year there will be more compatible models out there, more spare parts and less to worry about.

To be honest, if I had £500 to drop on a new rifle, then this new CQBR would definitely be a contender.

Archived