MV-1C stereo output through Jamma connector

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hi,
I’m still making my mind about buying a CMVS or making one by myself and, in the meantime, I’m studying and mental rambling.
Now, let’s say I’d like to have stereo output through Jamma connector, in order to use a Supergun or consolize the MV-1C getting all the signals from the Jamma edge, would this wiring work?
1Zcfdfe.jpg

Would it be correct from a Jamma pinout standpoint and from a voltage/impedance standapoint? Does stereo Jamma expect line out levels?

[EDIT]image corrected[/EDIT]

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Jamma doesn't have stereo output as part of the standard. So if you wanted to use a super gun you would need to have it designed for taking in stereo.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Jamma doesn't have stereo output as part of the standard. So if you wanted to use a super gun you would need to have it designed for taking in stereo.

Ok, you’re right, so let me rephrase the question.
Some MVS boards use a non standard Jamma pinout (let’s call it Jamma MVS dialect) which maps right audio channel on pin 10 and left audio channel on pin L

jamma_pinout_engadget_howto.jpg

Now, many Superguns have a mono/stereo switch in order to implement MVS dialect so, my question: is the wiring I proposed above compatible with this standard? Is it correct that AC7 goes to pin L (left channel) and AC8 goes to pin 10 (right channel)? Does IC4 output correct electrical levels for the MVS dialect (line out levels I guess)?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
The switch on the Super gun for mono to stereo doesn't work how you think it works. It takes a mono signal and splits it. MVS pinout requires an adapter to use with JAMMA devices. If you do this, you are making your MV1C incompatible with JAMMA.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
The switch on the Super gun for mono to stereo doesn't work how you think it works. It takes a mono signal and splits it. MVS pinout requires an adapter to use with JAMMA devices. If you do this, you are making your MV1C incompatible with JAMMA.

Oh, well, I see... thank you.
Just out of curiosity: is there any Supergun compatible with MVS non standard pinout (I mean in order to carry stereo sound through Jamma pins avoiding extra audio connections)?
Is adding external stereo connectors (i.e. RCA) the only viable solution (apart from a custom consolization)?

Thank you in advance.
Locutus73

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
You would need to either design one yourself or find someone like JNX to make one for you. It would be easier to just add the RCA jacks or do something custom.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm not sure about the wiring you proposed, but assuming you have everything ending up on the correct pins, it will work fine as long as your supergun is wired for MVS stereo like mine is. However, it will not work in a cab due to the lack of amplification